I have a worry - insta deaths.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I have a worry - insta deaths.

in reply to biron_w

you called it. Game has terrible engine lag

Level 19

in reply to biron_w

Definitely a problem. At first I thought I was just dying too quickly, but then after realizing that I wasn't killing people remotely as quick as I was dying I started actually watching some kill cams. Sure enough the guy is firing at me with no damage detection on my end at all till it's too late of course.

I'm sure they'll patch some of the major problems, but this is one of the sloppiest versions of CoD at release time and could set a new low if things aren't fixed.

Level 1

in reply to biron_w

If it's engine lag what can the devs actually do to fix the problem?

I think for next years game they really need to get a PROPER brand new engine. They can't keep using this one.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Question to biron: Whats engine lag?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Imagine a car being pushed to its limits up a steep hill. It's engine will not work properly.

Level 5
Highlighted

ATLW wrote:

Imagine a car being pushed to its limits up a steep hill. It's engine will not work properly.

I think I get what your saying, this games mechanics are cause latency? Not the internet connection?

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to biron_w

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. COD can no longer operate on P2P/ listening servers. From Ghosts on, COD should run on dedicated servers or not at all. This is by far THE worst lag I've ever seen in COD. I thought BO2 was the worst, Ghosts surpasses it by a mile.

Yes, there will even be lag on dedis, but it will be a fraction of a second and hardly noticeable as it is on BF. I'm not comparing the two, but BF is proof that dedicated servers make ALL the difference in the world when it comes to lag.

I've never been insta-killed as much in any game as I have in Ghosts. Yes, it's soon after release. But IW was hearing an earful about lag and publicly announced they would be paying special attention to it before release. And yet, we have the worst lag ever? Really? BO2 had the worst lag ever before. Now Ghosts is worse. What's up IW?

BTW, if - and when - they get the dedis up and running for current gen, I expect to see a return of Ground War with 9v9. With dedis we should be able to do 12v12 if not more. Let's see COD improve over time. So far it seems to be repeating itself, while getting worse lag. WTH.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Sucks if you are going through allot of latency, been playing squads and was dealing with really bad skipping and pauses, but it sort of corrects itself.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

Sucks if you are going through allot of latency, been playing squads and was dealing with really bad skipping and pauses, but it sort of corrects itself.

Explain how it corrects itself. That's quite the statement, but you gave no explanation. Not being sarcastic, just honestly curious. I really want to understand the process.

What's saddest of all is that, here in California, we are forced to accept the internet providers that have been "assigned" to the area we live in. I have to choose Time Warner Cable. Some goofball politician decided that was the fairest approach. Americans live in what is supposed to be a free market system. Where competition is supposed to generate better products, better quality of service, and competitive prices. Which usually means we get to choose our service providers. Not so with the Internet. Strange. I don't remember being allowed to vote on this topic. Oh, right...reality isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

How should I know but it did, I am no developer man I just play the game. But playing squads today I was skipping, jerking around and so was the enemy AI bots and my friend. Hell, it stopped all of the sudden and the game played normally.

Here in Florida its the same, I have to choose the provider that works my zipcode, no ifs or buts, you use whats offered or you don't and shut up. I agree internet providers are a-holes.

of our training"
Level 75

Studios