I hope the spawn delay is back for Hardcore TDM

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

I hope the spawn delay is back for Hardcore TDM

Hi,

Recently I've returned to modern warfare 3 and have noticed how great the spawn system is compared to Black Ops II. I'm not saying its perfect but after a few patches the spawn system in MW3 was reasonable when playing Hardcore TDM. One contributing factor as to why I believe the spawns were better and more logical in Hardcore TDM was the spawn delay, this stopped the 3 meter "spawn" away from the enemy you get in BO2.

The game had much more time to detect players around them as well as to determine where Killstreaks were and it gave a good spawn point, it wasn't always perfect but it was good enough.

It also slowed the game down slightly which on small maps like MW3 had, it worked well as it wasn't a big "mash up" in the middle like you had in Black Ops 2. It was pure chaos and while I like chaos, it quickly became boring due to the bad spawns.

What do you think about having the spawn delay in Hardcore TDM again?

Do you think it will return? --> My answer to this is YES simply because infinity ward don't tend to copy black ops too much and the fact its a fresh game.

Activision Ambassador
40 REPLIES

Re: I hope the spawn delay is back for Hardcore TDM

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I hope its back for all HC gamemodes.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Well obviously it won't be in HC KC or HC Dom as it wouldn't work well but I hope it returns for CTF and TDM

Activision Ambassador

It wouldnt have to be 10sec delay in those modes, but something like 2-3 seconds wouldnt hurt.

Level 5

The spawn delay does help with revenge spawns for sure. However there is another side to the coin: HC(TDM) was always a very slow paced game mode. Some would say because people did not want to die (more than just because it is counter productive to winning) because they would have to wait to play again.

personal opinion:

- when killed, a small spawn delay (2-3 second range, longer for some game modes?)

- when team killed, the offender has a larger spawn delay (10 second and increasing on offenses)

- no ricochet, and no 3 strikes

Something like that, in principal, could work for all game modes... thoughts on the holes this could cause?

Deliberate team killers would end up sitting in timeout most of the time

Teams that do not team kill could take the upper hand if an enemy is in timeout

hole: trolls who stand in your way cause you to have longer spawn delay

Activision Ambassador

Good ideas there.

Definatly agree with the TK spawn delay growing per offence, but like you said, it opens the door to trolls.

Level 5
Highlighted

the 10 sec spawn delay in hc tdm made the game mode so slow i was happy when they removed it , but I get why people didnt like it I still prefer it without but i think (and i do remember actually trying to get it changed to thisand failing  the 3 sec spawn delay is/was a fair compromise)

Level 75

I say let the people vote if they want the timer or no. Let them vote similar to how we can vote on which map to play.

Level 14

scotland-rules wrote:

Personally, no thanks.

If you go 20-10... a decent stat for a round of HC TDM... and happen to be the first person to die every wave spawn (15 secs), you are out of the game for 150 seconds.

That's 2.5 minutes.

25% of the game doing nothing.

Remove revenge as part of the spawn algorithm and 90% of the need for a spawn delay is fixed. HC vets aways have a clue wha streaks they have or they aren't a vet.

My 2 pennies of thought.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

Personally, no thanks.

If you go 20-10... a decent stat for a round of HC TDM... and happen to be the first person to die every wave spawn (15 secs), you are out of the game for 150 seconds.

That's 2.5 minutes.

25% of the game doing nothing.

Remove revenge as part of the spawn algorithm and 90% of the need for a spawn delay is fixed. HC vets aways have a clue wha streaks they have or they aren't a vet.

My 2 pennies of thought.

I actually agree with you on the top half but not the second half and I'll tell you why.

Revenge spawn system isn't something that's easily "Removable" or easily "Added" it really depends on map design, you can tell form MW3 where the maps were small that the revenge spawn system was lessened due to the wait penalty, you'd still be killed in spawn or kill a guy and meet him around the corner sometimes but those were few and far between.

In Black Ops 2 the maps were very small and when we did have the spawn delay the game was slower and the spawns were less chaotic and you were less likely to be caught short and the revenge spawn system was almost non exisitant. However, it was shortly removed I think and you then saw things like revenge spawn system creeping up and it eventually got really bad.

I say have for the start of Ghosts and if the maps are like MW2/BO1 (basically any CoD from BO1 downwards to MW) then I say remove the spawn delay as I'll know the spawn system will be better.

However if its like BO2 then we need it because without it, we have chaotic spawns and even worse revenge spawn.

Activision Ambassador

Studios