I hope the spawn delay is back for Hardcore TDM

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I hope the spawn delay is back for Hardcore TDM

in reply to Rngr11

Rngr1 wrote:

You are in charge of a VTOL warship.  You can see a spawn point.  Is it your fault only a few were easy targets?  You prepped up and earned your kills and you get simple few?

What if they spawned off radar and you got a minute or two more?  In other words, there is no red diamond over them for two seconds?

What if your camping around a spawn point and a chopper crashes in?  You know this chopper has some goods, but you can't seem to let up on gunning down?

The devs need to be in charge of a match and start spanking bad behavior.  You could be a really good shot, ..at killing spawns.  If your spawn totals rack up, I think you should wear that.  I think your badge should reflect what you do, and I think you should wear a spawn slaughter in recognition of your kills.

Rngr1 wrote:

You are in charge of a VTOL warship.  You can see a spawn point.  Is it your fault only a few were easy targets?  You prepped up and earned your kills and you get simple few?

What if they spawned off radar and you got a minute or two more?  In other words, there is no red diamond over them for two seconds?

What if your camping around a spawn point and a chopper crashes in?  You know this chopper has some goods, but you can't seem to let up on gunning down?

The devs need to be in charge of a match and start spanking bad behavior.  You could be a really good shot, ..at killing spawns.  If your spawn totals rack up, I think you should wear that.  I think your badge should reflect what you do, and I think you should wear a spawn slaughter in recognition of your kills.

Sorry but I don't quite understand what this exactly has to do with adding in a spawn delay to HC.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

Been playing HCTDM the whole time I played Black Ops 2.  Racked up almost a month's worth if in game playing time.  I really hope IW doesn't cater to your idea of bringing the spawn delays back just to avoid those silly revenge spawns.  It would suck to sit and do nothing for 3 to 12 seconds every time you die.  HCTDM on black ops 2 stopped becoming that campfest filled game that it became in MW3.  I like to die, run out and run and gun instantly, not sit there for 3 seconds planning for which corner I'm going to sit at.  Waiting to spawn leads to a slower paced game which promotes camping.  Sorry but I don't want to revert HCTDM back to its campfest filled MW3 days.

Level 1

in reply to Mikeyvelli

Mikeyvelli wrote:

Been playing HCTDM the whole time I played Black Ops 2.  Racked up almost a month's worth if in game playing time.  I really hope IW doesn't cater to your idea of bringing the spawn delays back just to avoid those silly revenge spawns.  It would suck to sit and do nothing for 3 to 12 seconds every time you die.  HCTDM on black ops 2 stopped becoming that campfest filled game that it became in MW3.  I like to die, run out and run and gun instantly, not sit there for 3 seconds planning for which corner I'm going to sit at.  Waiting to spawn leads to a slower paced game which promotes camping.  Sorry but I don't want to revert HCTDM back to its campfest filled MW3 days.

Right so you're happy with enemy spawning so close to you and killing you 3 seconds after you spawn like you do now in Crap Ops 2?

I'm not suggesting we have a 15 second spawn limit. I'm suggesting a 3-5 second spawn delay which gives the game enough time to calculate your spawn as well as give you time to change your class.

Hardcore was actually quite fast in MW3 and I was always hitting in about 90% games the score limit, sure it was slightly slower paced than Core but hardcore always has been slower paced. I think BO2 was actually mad, beyond fast paced due to the revenge spawn system.

Hardcore has always been more methodical and more throughout and actually requires a degree of thought.

HC doesn't promote camping, players choose to camp.

Activision Ambassador

Crap Ops 2 really?  Maybe now we know why you hate HCTDM in black ops 2 so much is because you simple hate the game in general.  Decent players will also know where to get that revenge kill instead of running out and being killed by the same person 3 seconds in.

Level 1

in reply to Mikeyvelli

Mikeyvelli wrote:

Crap Ops 2 really?  Maybe now we know why you hate HCTDM in black ops 2 so much is because you simple hate the game in general.  Decent players will also know where to get that revenge kill instead of running out and being killed by the same person 3 seconds in.

It wasn't completely crap and I didn't mind it.

I actually like HC TDM, just not the crazy-like nature that it has become. The revenge spawn system needs to be either removed or the delay needs to come back. Surely you are capable of waiting something like 5 seconds? Couple that with horrific map design (worst in CoD history) and you've got a pretty crap game in terms of diversity.

All HC TDM in BO2 was run and gun like a headless chicken and it became boring after 3 games.

Activision Ambassador

I am of mixed feelings with this. I dont think there should be a forced spawn delay but an optional one. allow the plays to wait up to 3 seconds if they wish or press a to spawn right away if they wish. That way players that want the time to change loadouts after dieing could. And those that wanted to get back to the action right away could. But definitely remove the revenge spawn system where it tries to spawn you near the person that last killed you.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I'd be up for your suggestion of a optional one if the spawn system wasn't like you said "Revenge" operated.

However if it is then a spawn delay is the only thing that nulls the effect.

Activision Ambassador

I just despise wave spawn timers.. make it a set 3 seconds no matter when the death is. So it is never more than 3 seconds.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I think between 3-5 seconds. I mean that isn't a lot of time and nulls the effects on the revenge spawn system.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

3-5 seconds doesn't do a whole lot of anything, TBH.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios