I lost a game of DOM because my team wanted to cap flags

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: I lost a game of DOM because my team wanted to cap flags

in reply to Ghamorra

PErsonally I think this is a backlash on people's hatred for what they consider a camper. Too many are unable to spot the difference between camping for kills and defending a flag you own. To avoid being called a camper the option to keep moving and capping is taken, with the consequence of losing a flag that you then need to recap. When both sides take this strategy everybody ends up just running around in a big circle, everybody gets 6 or more caps, and the team that wins is just a lottery.

In previous CoD the strategy has generally been for both teams to cap their home flag and fight over the b flag. Ghost maps layouts have meant this is not always the best option. Perfect example being Stonehaven where if you own the b flag chances are you will lose. I am also finding a lot of solo players, when faced with a clan on the opposing side, make no attempt to cap at all. Instead the hover around a flag going for kills. I've had several tell me on mics that is what they are doing because they know the clan is going for the win.

I dont have any solutions for the problems with players choosing not to play the game as intended, it's a difficult one because we all have the right to play how we want. All I can say is I'm losing interest in playing at all because others decide their KDR is all that matters. I'd rather have a player on my team with a KDR of 0.80 who will play to win, than a player with a KDR of 2.5 who is going to just play for kills. I am talking solely about domination.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

I'm not a fan of linear maps, but in DOM is obviously the only real choice. Spawntrapping is a major problem with linear maps but it's obvious that when presented with a fun alternative of each DOM flag being it's own individual environment the community proves that it cannot play with strategy but instead they go for a high number of captures and don't play for the win. So pick your poison.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

The clean answer to your dilemma = play with CTFI

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Personally fed up with seeing no-one wanting to Cap anything and most fighting for a 200 flawless game play for their youtube channel... IW re-named it correctly  'DO YOU EVEN CAP BRO?' lmao. 

I play objective game modes a bit and understand how they work but I do play the objective not tramp it out for kills alone, like most do these days.

Yes, I understand that you can only get 75 kills in TDM, its a crying shame

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

I play very little Dom, mostly for the reasons you mention. I'm not a k/d watcher and since I'm an old phart, not the greatest player in the world, I tend to like to defend A or C.  If my team has B and I'm in the neighborhood, I'll stick around and defend that.  During a full game I'm one of those guys that gets 1 - 3 captures and a handful of defends.  I think it's awesome to see all three objects captured and I do my best to protect the ones we have.

Level 22

Studios