IED's are OP

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: IED's are OP

in reply to gotsomestars

i also play HC though

Level 3

in reply to yonasty99

IEDs aren't overpowered end of story their range makes them useless so they go off too soon.

Level 23

in reply to yonasty99

The IED doesn't need to be nerfed.  There are sufficient countermeasures available.  Slow down and move more tactically and you won't need a perk to defeat the IED.  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Level 1

in reply to yonasty99

you move slow you get killed by the enemy you move fast you get killed by an ied and im talking about this from a pure hardcore standpoint and in that stand point the IED's range is ridiculous and is not useless when i use one i get the majority of my kills from it just tossing them randomly throughout a map they arnt over powered but like i said their range needs to be brought in a bit

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to yonasty99

I do not intend to sound elitist, but I have played World at War, and the Bouncing Betties are far worse than the IEDs, and I did just fine using either Sitrep. or Blast Shield. Hell, I usually knew where they'd be planted anyways, people tend to not be very creative with landmines.

Level 61

in reply to yonasty99

Haha. They added / kept a lot of things which only aggravate players, IMS/IED/Dog (martyr-dog). I'm not a fan.

Level 1

in reply to yonasty99

I don't think the IEDs are overpowered.

They flash.

They beep.

They can be seen with SITREP.

They can be deflected with Blast Shield.

They can be run past with Agility.

They can be jumped over with timing.

How much more help do you guys need?

Now you HC guys I can understand...

But I think really they should only increase the beeping distance to give you a chance to avoid the blast radius to offset your lower health in HC.

Other than that, it's an IED and is still going to do it's job.

Level 5

in reply to yonasty99

I don't think the ied is overpowered, but they're annoying I don't think they belong in the game either. I wouldn't mind if infinity ward nerfed the ied and permanently banned everyone who likes to hide behind them.

Level 4

in reply to LegionSlayer

Not going to ever happen. they are not going to ban players for using the ied in one of the ways it is meant to be used. And it has been nerfed already is not op at all. infact it is nearly useless because of the nerf to it.

Level 70

Studios