If MW3's MP7 and ACR had a child it would be the Honey Badger

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

If MW3's MP7 and ACR had a child it would be the Honey Badger

Every FPS has that cheese ball gun. The one that's not really great at anything but good at everything. The Honey Badger is this years cheese ball, or if you prefer, cupcake. The gun has a look and feel of two of the most notoriously easy to use guns in Call of Duty history. And below I have a chart to prove that it just might be the child of the MP7 and ACR.

Gun NameMaxMax EndMinMin BeginRecoilRoF
ACR40203030Best705
MP7 35152020Good895
Honey Badger42202033Good800

The Gun has the ACR's max damage and max damage end but the MP7s minimum damage (note that the rage of all weapons in this game were modified for the larger maps) and it also has the average RoF between the two guns. Taking after more of the MP7 but similar to the ACR is it's recoil. Both the MP7 and the Honey Badger have self-defeating recoil. It moves just as much to the left and up as it doesn't right and down. This means that the recoil counters itself leaving your gun to focalize in the center. Anyone with a little experience with the weapon will quickly learn that you don't have to fight the recoil, just get use to it.

As you all know, a gun's stats on paper don't always mean it performs that well in application. However, in this case it does. It translates excellently. The Honey Badger is the easiest to use gun. You see it on the ground more than any other weapon, you see it in your killcams more than any other weapon, and I've seen more KEM videos with the Honey Badger than any other weapon.

Does this mean it needs a nerf? No, I would like to see the suppressor punish it more though. The fact that the weapon starts you out with the most widely used attachment doesn't really helps it's case for not getting a nerf. The range is better than the MP7 and the ACR, what saves it is that it's minimum damage is the same as an SMG's. However, it does have a built in suppressor so you can't look at those stats without remembering to take into consideration that a suppressor greatly reduce it's damage over distance.(does this mean that the suppressor effects the range only or the damage and the range equally giving a two fold effect?).

GunMaxMax EndMinMin BeginRecoilRoF
MTAR

152520Bad810
Honey Badger42202033Good800

You can see here that both these weapons are near the same. There's a reason for this though. Both the MTAR and the Honey Badger are the middle ground between SMGs and ARs. Anyone who's used the weapons in the game can get that feel instantly. Hell, the MTAR was an AR in Black Ops II (The MTARs damage is higher than it's Black Ops II model). So it gives even more evidence that the MP7 and the ACR were both averaged to create the Honey Badger.

Level 75
34 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: If MW3's MP7 and ACR had a child it would be the Honey Badger

in reply to Ghamorra

Honey badger is good in close and medium battles, but it has way more kick than ACR and MP7 from MW3 did for sure...IMO

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

IndyOldGuy wrote:

Honey badger is good in close and medium battles, but it has way more kick than ACR and MP7 from MW3 did for sure...IMO

Agree.  If anything the 2010 resembles the ACR.

Level 8

in reply to Kurt24

kurt24 wrote:

IndyOldGuy wrote:

Agree.  If anything the 2010 resembles the ACR.

I think the 2010 resembles the M4 from MW3, low damage but no recoil and crappy Iron sights..lol

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

Get rid of that back sight and it'd be fine. It's almost always some back sight that screws up the iron sights.

Level 24

in reply to Ghamorra

The ACR in MW3 had the most predictable recoil of any weapon in CoD history, almost devoid of actual randomness.

Slightly upwards, never down.

The Honey Badger has the least predictable recoil of any weapon in CoD history.

Up, down, left or right, without any preference or pattern: Completely random.

(Though, a "feature" prevents the recoil from ever going from LEFT to RIGHT without stopping in the center, giving you a free "no recoil" shot every other shot when the recoil direction alternates from left to right or right to left)

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

The recoil of the gun is equally countered in every direction. What this means is it's all show and doesn't really do much. I've been using it a lot lately to see if the numbers on paper match it's in game performance and I must say that it's exceeding the already high expectations I had. The amount of long range kills I get are not fair in the least. It's up close performance tops that of most SMGs and it's handling mobility is very good. It's seriously the best of both worlds.

Knocking it for it's recoil to me is just an easy cope out. I get the impression that players try to defend it's difficulty of use by saying it's recoil is bad when really it's not. It's self-defeating therefore it may look to move a lot but really it's just jiggling a bit in the same place.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

The fact that they never reduced the ACR's minimum damage to 29 so it wouldn't be a OHK in HC anywhere on the map is a testament to developer incompetence. Personally I dont like the HB because its recoil is all over the place and it really sucks once you get to the upper mid-longe range engagements.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Trigger tapping does wonder's.The HB can more or less kill across map with a 3-6 shots, depending on where the shots hit.It is highly effective at all ranges.It shows that it recoils but in reality i have found the recoil to be near non-existent if you shoot in a 2-1-2-1-2 trigger tap pattern.Making it very close to the ACR in long range effectiveness.The silencer may as well not exist in reality.

By the way that is without any sights, and just with iron sights.If you put the single shot and acog/hybrid sight attachments on it, it becomes a highly consistent long range sniper with very low recoil.Essentially just an OP VKS mutant.

Level 6

in reply to Ghamorra

You would think that with the suppressor built in, thus gaining more than you'd normally lose, the damage drop-off distance would be slightly shorter than normal (normally being 25% less, so you'd think something like 30%+ less or so)

Level 24

Studios