Ignition: Countdown to Disappointment?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Ignition: Countdown to Disappointment?

While I am looking forward to the DLC, there is one map in particular I am just not looking forward to and that I just can't seem to get excited about.

Now before  I begin.... NO, I haven't played Ignition. And yes... I will play it and give it a shot and could very well end up enjoying it.

But the fact of the matter is... While I haven't played Ignition before.. I HAVE played this map before, and so have you, hundreds if not thousands of times if you ever played MW2. It's Scrapyard... a re-skin...yes... but Scrapyard nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Scrapyard... in MW2. But the fact of the matter is, I don't want a re-skin. I am enjoying the new maps and don't want 25% of my new content to be a rehash. Just watched some game play of the map... and despite the face lift it is pretty much identical.

Maybe I am just jaded... but watching this footage I just pictured people going right back to their old habits in MW2. I could see people camping in the same spots, knowing the spawns, exploiting the same cover, etc... etc.

Am I alone in this sentiment? Is anyone else disappointed that we are already getting a retread in the first DLC? Are you excited for it... and if so.. why? Asking in advance to please keep it civil.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
29 REPLIES

Re: Ignition: Countdown to Disappointment?

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Its harder to tell with Ghosts because while Nuketown and Firing Range played the exact same in BO2 as they did in BO1, those games had the fun gamemodes that made those maps great. Ghosts doesn't, its really lacking in the game modes department and new maps aren't going to make the game modes any better. That said I think people will enjoy Scrapyard in Ghosts because there is a lot less of the BS that came with playing it in MW2. Personally I am not buying the DLC tomorrow for a lot of reasons, namely I'm broke, but also because IW thus far has only talked about Upcoming Improvements, we still haven't seen anything from them. I'm very surprised there wasn't a patch before the DLC.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Wouldn't be surprised to see one before the DLC is actually released, as far as patches go.

You could be right about enjoying it more due to a lack of the  MW2 nonsense, just for I can see people going right back to their same bad habits.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Dude.

People learn the good spots and the spawns, even for new maps, within a couple days. You can't use that as an excuse. People will play unfair and exploit anything they can because it is a game. And in games you play to win. You are soooo against old maps but the fact of the matter is old maps, even though familiar and not new, are still light years ahead of newer ones in terms of creativity, and the fun factor that we are all robbed of in recent titles. A lot of people might not like paying for old maps, but a lot more people want them and wouldn't care to pay. Including me. Therefore, IW adds them because we want them, and they want money. It isn't 25% of your map pack. There are four maps, an Extinction map, and two new weapons. Ignition will be just one item out of seven. Do the math please and thank you. You get a lot of content and for a great price, and this is only the first pack of FOUR. Not to mention there could be tons of micro items coming. Case closed.

Level 7

in reply to dayoldtamales

1 map out of 4 Multi-player Maps = 25%.  Which is what I was referring to.

And not using anything as an "excuse". When Treyarch brought back Firing Range, my first match was outstanding. Why? Because I already knew where to look. It was just like going back to a game I spent Days and Days and Days playing already. I loved that map... IN BLACK OPS. I didn't need to have it again. It was great in it's context... and while I had my fun playing it in BO2, I would rather have had something new.

Sure, people learn the new maps as well. But it often takes time to do so, and to burn out on them. While I haven't played as much this time around due to real life getting in the way, I have found that nearly every match I see something new.  By the time this game's life-cycle is over, I am sure I will be ready for a new game, new maps, new challenges.. And personally I don't want the precedent to be set (as it already has, sadly) that I will be seeing old maps return yet again out of context in another new game.

As I stated, I will play it, and do my best to enjoy it (who knows, I may just love it), just watching the video there was no connection or excitement for me. I had seen it all already.

Activision Ambassador

You said "I don't want 25% of my new content to be a rehash". Should have specified yes? I wouldn't have brought it up.

As for the rest, people like old maps. Rather they are played out or not, I'd rather play a familiar map than a new one, if the familiar one is LOADS better. Which is usually the case these days.

You hate rehashes. I don't. Good thing I'm getting what I want. And before you protest what I just said, look at yourself. This thread, and really any comment you make about old maps, is always centered around what YOU want. Maybe other people want old maps. That's how supply and demand works. Consumers want it. Developers provide it. That's what they do. They look at the large masses before they look at individual people, if they ever look at individual people to begin with, *cough* MOAR HARDCORE! *cough*

Level 7

It always cracks me up that you can't make an argument without personal attacks.

Awesome, glad you are excited for the new maps.

Pretty sure I am not the only one out there who is not a fan of re-skins. And from my perspective as a player, and experience with the games, I just don't think bringing back old maps is the best way to move the series forward. The way I have seen old maps played in the past is an indication of this. Just my opinion, I have never stated it was the end all be all of statements, which is why I asked what folks thought.

Activision Ambassador

It wasn't a personal attack. YOU always voice your opinion without considering the opinion of others. And I didn't say you were the only one who didn't like remakes did I?

Level 7

Ok, pretty clear in the OP that I was asking others what their opinions are.

And of course I voice my opinion... that is what the Forum is for. I don't claim to speak for anyone else, nor have I ever. The entire point is discussion, no?

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

I feel like you force opinions. Not talk about them. I don't think I've ever seen you agree with anyone on anything either.

Level 7

Studios