Improvements or disappointments?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Improvements or disappointments?

COD

I don't know about many of you here, but every time I see a TU, I cringe to think that the dev's have done something to please those who whine allot. Don't get me wrong, many things they do are great but lately it seems they are steadfast in helping the players who rather complain than those who provide more insightful feedback.

Some negative things (my opinion)

  • IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs). What does this actually do? Your supposed to jump now when the IED goes of, duck go prone? This "adjustment" does one thing: Give more fire to the complaints, as they now know that through more whining they will get their way. Its a shame the dev's do this to please a few.
  • Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.More tampering of this gun? Why even add then a weapon that needs so much adjustments?
  • Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.(another whine adjustment, sorry its true, having to go through the 100 lean kills TEACHES you how to best learn the function)

Some positives:

  • PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty. (glad to see this game mode gone!)
  • Various spawn improvements.(this has become a staple to each TU now)
  • Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds. (Now the complaints on DS should be removed - NOT)
  • Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer

One can really only hope that the things they "adjust" to please to those who complain are really deserved.

I have the highest respect for the developers of this game but sometimes it makes no sense why they add certain things in the game to only have them "nerfed". Anyways, good luck gaming.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Likes: 9199
Posts: 16478
Registered: ‎14-11-2011
87 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Izjar11

The thing is, in BO2 I always wondered why so many people, right up until Ghosts came out, persisted in picking Bouncing Betties over Claymores. BBs were generally avoided with ease, and then the user had a gunfight on their hands. yes the Betty gave them some warning, but a Shock Charge would do the exact same thing better. If they wanted a kill, a well placed claymore would all but guarantee a kill on anyone not using FJ.

Now IEDs are like Betties, and I was already sponging them to kingdom come with Blast Shield

Level 31
Likes: 799
Posts: 2678
Registered: ‎27-12-2012

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Bielsalmighty wrote:



The thing is, in BO2 I always wondered why so many people, right up until Ghosts came out, persisted in picking Bouncing Betties over Claymores. BBs were generally avoided with ease, and then the user had a gunfight on their hands. yes the Betty gave them some warning, but a Shock Charge would do the exact same thing better. If they wanted a kill, a well placed claymore would all but guarantee a kill on anyone not using FJ.



Now IEDs are like Betties, and I was already sponging them to kingdom come with Blast Shield


The biggest reason why anyone would use a betty over a claymore is the ability to throw them. Throw them into a room from outside, thrown them down a stairway so you didn't actually have to run down and place them, making yourself vulnerable to people coming into your area, etc. It was actually really really useful. Maybe it didn't kill as much, but those upsides were enough to make me pick them over clays.

Level 7
Likes: 79
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎06-11-2013

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Sannji

I guess there is that, but tbh I used semtex/C4 for room clearance, and if I wanted a clay to watch my back I planted it on my way in to my spot.

That being said, getting a 'frisbee' kill with a betty was awesome

Level 31
Likes: 799
Posts: 2678
Registered: ‎27-12-2012

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I'd largely guess because of the fact that Bouncing Betties can be tossed (thus a pseudo C4, but can also be used as a trap without having to manually detonate it) coupled with them usually being trickier to spot (without Engineer), depending on the map whereas, no matter what map it's on, Claymores have to be pretty well-hidden because those stupid little lasers give it away constantly.

Level 24
Likes: 478
Posts: 1548
Registered: ‎28-12-2011

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Izjar11

Could not disagree with you more. The IED nerf is fantastic. learn the function of lean kills? Screw that. Leaning is for cowardly campers. The best players in the world are aggressive attackers and rarely use that nonsense. IW should be trying to make the game more exciting, not encouraging or aiding campers who exploit everything they can.

Level 3
Likes: 24
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎24-11-2013

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to shoejoe

shoejoe wrote:



Could not disagree with you more. The IED nerf is fantastic. learn the function of lean kills? Screw that. Leaning is for cowardly campers. The best players in the world are aggressive attackers and rarely use that nonsense. IW should be trying to make the game more exciting, not encouraging or aiding campers who exploit everything they can.


This debate on camping and what not is the oldest BS excuse, but I respect your opinion thanks for posting.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Likes: 9199
Posts: 16478
Registered: ‎14-11-2011

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:



COD



I don't know about many of you here, but every time I see a TU, I cringe to think that the dev's have done something to please those who whine allot. Don't get me wrong, many things they do are great but lately it seems they are steadfast in helping the players who rather complain than those who provide more insightful feedback.



Some negative things (my opinion)




  • IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs). What does this actually do? Your supposed to jump now when the IED goes of, duck go prone? This "adjustment" does one thing: Give more fire to the complaints, as they now know that through more whining they will get their way. Its a shame the dev's do this to please a few.

  • Reduce burst fire cool down of MSBS.More tampering of this gun? Why even add then a weapon that needs so much adjustments?

  • Reduced lean, point blank & rescue reticle challenge requirements.(another whine adjustment, sorry its true, having to go through the 100 lean kills TEACHES you how to best learn the function)



Some positives:



  • PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty. (glad to see this game mode gone!)

  • Various spawn improvements.(this has become a staple to each TU now)

  • Dead Silence/Amplify Adjustment - Dead Silence completely silent including equipment, sliding, and footsteps. Amplify users can still hear a scaled down version of the footsteps and sliding sounds. (Now the complaints on DS should be removed - NOT)

  • Improved audio ambient system in Multiplayer



One can really only hope that the things they "adjust" to please to those who complain are really deserved.



I have the highest respect for the developers of this game but sometimes it makes no sense why they add certain things in the game to only have them "nerfed". Anyways, good luck gaming.


I like the changes to the ieds, it gives you a chance to do something when you hear the beeps start now, it wont really alter the gameplay or ieds that much

Iw said they made a slight error with the original adjustment of the msbs this just fixes that

the lean kill thing was a major complaint by a lot of the community as it forced you to play by basically camping. i for one am so pleased the lean kills have been dropped and the rescue kills which in hc are nigh on impossible to get

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Maccabi

Im not the least thrilled to the idea, reason: whining and crying equal getting listened to. I disagree with that 100%

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Likes: 9199
Posts: 16478
Registered: ‎14-11-2011

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:



the lean kill thing was a major complaint by a lot of the community as it forced you to play by basically camping. i for one am so pleased the lean kills have been dropped and the rescue kills which in hc are nigh on impossible to get


I dunno, I had to suffer thru getting 50 lean kills with the vector to get it gold, now they made it easier, kinda irritates me...a little

Level 17
Likes: 211
Posts: 748
Registered: ‎30-05-2012

Studios