Improvements or disappointments?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Izjar11

Lmk when you are going to play bf. This patch (and the thinking behind it) means bf4 will get the majority of my play time. And DLC ? I've just been nerfed out of buying it.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

The IED adjustment I think is silly but like anything else, I'll just add it to my rolodex of things to remember in game.  IEDs are now basically bouncing betties that stick to walls but don't bounce.  I would expect them to be rather ineffective from here on out.  So it's a good thing that I didn't use them much and now I probably won't use them at all unless I just want a heads up warning to watch my backside.

Reduced burst fire cool down of the MSBS?  I don't even know what that means.  Have they shortened the refire delay?  If so that sounds like a buff rather than a nerf but again, I don't know what that means.  I personally didn't find the MSBS to be all that exciting at launch.  It was so underwhelming in fact that I only have it unlocked on my first squad member which I did just to see what the hype was about and I'm on my 9th member now.

As far as cutting back on the lean, etc kills needed for reticle challenges goes, I can't say that I'm upset to not have to lean so much but it is a bit silly to make those challenges easier in my opinion.  I suppose that it is what it is but like you said all of these adjustments are basically just there to appease the whining few.

Oh and the DS/Amplify thing I'm fine with.  I didn't have a problem with them as they were and I don't particularly care that they've changed them.  Maybe it will cut down on some of the whining but I doubt it.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Im not upset, far from it.

I find it mostly lacking for IW to bathe the complaints by indulging them, causing more. Once they taste that teat of cry get results = it will cause more problems.

Anyways, well see how the IED's function moving forward.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I am absolutely satisfied with the adjustments that the developers have made. I have not seen the new update yet since im at work, however I feel IW really does adjust what needs to be adjusted.. at least it proves to be so. IED's are stupid, and needed a nerf, i cant count how many times ive seen an enemy spawn in and the first thing they rely on is an IED.. i would use sit rep, and the screen would glow like a xmas tree.. plus there was no way around it if you did not use given perks.. it take 2 points to counter a 1 point lethal? reallly" so the change they made sound very good

no sure about msbs.. i dont even knwo what it means lol

the sound perks seem okay as well. as long as amplify can still hear DS im good with it

overall we need to get players moving, and taking away or nerfing a campers security alarm is a good start

Level 8

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11

I didn't create this thread to debate camping vs running styles (which is sadly the one thing many love to do).

But if you think these modifications will change anything about how players choose to play your fooling yourself, seriously don't.

My main purpose for IED usage was to avoid the bad spawn system, this game promotes enemies spawning near you, the IED would either kill or will alert me to their presence, that wont change with this update.

I just now know with each TU something whined about will probably appear as "fixed" when in fact it wasn't ever really needed.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

what changes is there is a more viable counter to the ied, just like the betty had. it allows people to run around and if an IED starts they now have an opportunity to survive and get the kill where ever the camper is

bad spawn are bad spawn, sometimes they work for you and sometimes against you, i dont see how an ied would change this

an IED should be used to "alert you" it should be used to get you a kill, if someone is using them to be alerted, chances are they are camping their IED

Level 8

Re: Re: Improvements or disappointments?

what changes is there is a more viable counter to the ied, just like the betty had. it allows people to run around and if an IED starts they now have an opportunity to survive and get the kill where ever the camper is

There shouldn't have been any changes to something that is already easily avoided, but thats pointless now. The fact that you keep referring to those who use it as "campers" is a fail attempt to justify how you play. I care not.

bad spawn are bad spawn, sometimes they work for you and sometimes against you, i dont see how an ied would change this

Perhaps you should have read what I wrote: The game spawns people near you (bad or good) its just so. The IED HELPS protect your flank, rear exit what ever it is,. hope you see it now.

an IED should be used to "alert you" it should be used to get you a kill, if someone is using them to be alerted, chances are they are camping their IED

Guy, your camping rants are getting old, boring and uninteresting. If you play on the PSN (ps4) system I would more then welcome playing against you to see how much you "dont" camp. Please let me know if you do.

of our training"
Level 75

Re: Re: Improvements or disappointments?

in reply to Izjar11

sorry buddy, i play this game too, and campers camp.. and there are tools they use.. IED's are number 1.. im not ranting at all, im going off of what you are saying, i dont know how many times ive seen an IED , id shoot it, and listen.. i can then hear the pitter patter of the little baby coming to check his IED.. im not telling you what I think, Im telling you what I know.. i have ran into an IED not attended, sure, but majority of the time little baby is an ear shot away

all i said is that the changes seem to promote movement.. the number 1 problem with this game is the community and there " strategic non movement" lolol i couldnt say that with a straight face

Level 8

W_E_A_P_0_N_11 wrote:

sorry buddy, i play this game too, and campers camp.. and there are tools they use.. IED's are number 1.. im not ranting at all, im going off of what you are saying, i dont know how many times ive seen an IED , id shoot it, and listen.. i can then hear the pitter patter of the little baby coming to check his IED.. im not telling you what I think, Im telling you what I know.. i have ran into an IED not attended, sure, but majority of the time little baby is an ear shot away

all i said is that the changes seem to promote movement.. the number 1 problem with this game is the community and there " strategic non movement" lolol i couldnt say that with a straight face

Campers camp! Thats refreshing to hear, runners run - Shocked!

Again, these updates do not change how players CHOOSE to play, it doesn't. They have done everything in their powers to try to "detain" the terrible evil campers (you keep mentioning) even creating "cranked" where you explode if you don't move, failed attempt.

Anyways, if your such a huge RUNNER (as you clearly now sound) add me to your psn. I want to test how much "non camping" you do. Cause I can guarantee you, you cannot "rush" around all the time and play this game successfully.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

no i do not rush however i can rush and win no problem... i play  in a  patrol form

depends also what your definition of successful playing means.. is it the W.. yes I certainly can, if you mean KD.. my KD would take a hit, but i could manage a 1.5 to 2.0 kd and get the W rushing

I think you need to relax though, you take such offense from another players view of the game.. not everything is about you

Level 8

Studios