Infinity Ward, Community and things that will never get fixed.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Infinity Ward, Community and things that will never get fixed.

RANT WARNING # PROCEED

154 - the number of days from the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts

492 - the number of replies on Spawn Feedback thread. Last reply from teanah is over two months ago.

Now lets face it. They will  never fix the spawns of this game. We will continue spawning in front of enemies either right on their sight or next to a corner. Infinity Ward doesn't care, they don't even care enough to reply on the thread. The game even has still game breaking bugs that are something I would affiliate with beta testing: Teammates are seen as enemies. [PS4] [GAME BREAKING]

Why are we getting a new microtransactions items instead of fixes to the game? Why are you focusing on squeezing more money out of the game instead of answering to the ton of feedback we are giving and the reports of the bugs in the game?

All we hear from Infinity Ward:

DLC, DLC, DLC, buy, buy and buy.... And that is not going to change. Now you might ask yourself do you go out and buy these items or hold back and maybe show what you think about the treatment of the community with the most powerful thing you poseess: money.

Level 64
26 REPLIES

Re: Infinity Ward, Community and things that will never get fixed.

in reply to matuzz

I've said it before, I will say it again... Activision and their subordinate Developers (IW, Sledgehammer, and 3Arc) have a serious communication problem with the community. I'd love to see a lot more transparency, the secrecy nonsense is out of control.

Now, we know that Forum Discussions with Devs just don't work. Every conversation gets derailed quickly by in-fighting and folks with selfish, rather than big picture, goals.

But what they COULD, and SHOULD do is release weekly updates or a announcements. When something is introduced, for example a new DLC pack.. release a FAQ the day the announcement is made explaining exactly what we as consumers can expect from the release. Instead, we have YouTube personalities releasing info that can be misleading or tainted by their personal biases.

When an issue is brought to their attention, put out a release stating that they have been made aware of it and that actions are being taken. Take the Infinite Tac glitch... it caused such an uproar, as it should have... and they knew about it. But instead of putting out OFFICIAL word (not vague Twitter posts) that they were aware and looking into the issue, they let it get to a point where people were losing their minds.

Things are going to go wrong with the game. This is inevitable. There are millions of people playing, on various quality connections, on different systems. There are a lot of bad people out there who will find weaknesses and exploit them. Some fixes will be easy, some will take time. But have the respect and decency towards the very people who fund your game and bring in your profits.

Instead, they sit behind a veil of secrecy. The typical pre-release dance is a perfect example of this. Release facts, and  the rumor mill becomes less powerful. People might still be frustrated by what is happening, but they will have the reassurance of knowing it is being taken care of.

They have plenty of resources for getting us information, instead they choose not to do so. Message of the Day in-game? Nothing more than a place to advertise, when it could really be a helpful, informative tool for gamers. This Forum could be used by the devs, not for discussion necessarily as we know what happens then, but even just as a place to post news and information.

The community is more savvy and harder to please than ever before. Fact is, they will never be able to please everyone. But at the very least they can do a better job of keeping us informed, and letting us know they care.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

They have added what should be a communication tool in the game...

... but it will most likely just be another marketing tool.

Things I have noticed:

• They have very poor transition managers.
  • Their QA is not robust and limited to local (in-house) testing.
  • They have no discernable communication plan.
    • Timing
    • Cadence
    • Content
    • Audience
  • They are slow/reluctant to change strategies which are not working.
That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yeah, they had thread here on what they are working on and planning to do. Now its no where to seen and they stopped updating it like ages ago. They have completely dropped the ball and will not tell anything about what they are working on or what problems they are even aware about. All they mind to do is market their DLC content. During the mass ban of innocent people, they said absolutely nothing for days.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

matuzz wrote:

RANT WARNING # PROCEED

154 - the number of days from the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts

492 - the number of replies on Spawn Feedback thread. Last reply from teanah is over two months ago.

Now lets face it. They will  never fix the spawns of this game. We will continue spawning in front of enemies either right on their sight or next to a corner. Infinity Ward doesn't care, they don't even care enough to reply on the thread. The game even has still game breaking bugs that are something I would affiliate with beta testing: Teammates are seen as enemies. [PS4] [GAME BREAKING]

Why are we getting a new microtransactions items instead of fixes to the game? Why are you focusing on squeezing more money out of the game instead of answering to the ton of feedback we are giving and the reports of the bugs in the game?

All we hear from Infinity Ward:

DLC, DLC, DLC, buy, buy and buy.... And that is not going to change. Now you might ask yourself do you go out and buy these items or hold back and maybe show what you think about the treatment of the community with the most powerful thing you poseess: money.

Good post.

I doubt they will fix the spawns (if they actually need fixing) I say that becuase its clear their intentions were to have people spawn near each other < this I presume is the reason there are many complaints.

To them, there is no issue and for them to change it now is probably impossible as it will affect many others.

Let me ask you Matuzz and those who reply: If they were to add a further spawn point system (instead of the revenge one) how different do you think the game will be?

Note: I think your post is excellent and you make some great points but what if the changes to spawns will make things worse which is what I fear when they make changes?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Well I don't know about other consoles but on PS4 this happens multiple times in every single match:

• Red arrow is the enemy that is walking to the direction of the arrow.
  • Green dot is where the player spawns facing to the direction of the arrow and of course starts running.

Now the one who spawns will die almost instantly after he comes out of the corner as he will be gunned down by the enemy. Now in my opinion this kind of spawn logic is very flawed. And I have even been spawned in multiple occasions on the direct line of sight of the enemy.

Now the maps in Ghosts are one of the biggest in Call of Duty, there should be enough room to spawn people on safe locations if the spawns check would be improved. Instead we are now spawned literally right next to the enemy. Each CoD game will have a few bad spawn moments every now and then but in Ghosts its seems to be that match that has no bad spawns is extremely rare.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

The Spawn system seems to work a lot on "walls", rather than proximity. Free Fall and Strikezone are prime examples. Though these "walls" might just be alcoves you run out of and instantly get shot.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to matuzz

Drew said it very well , so ill try not to rehash what he said. From memory Drew was the first respondent on a topic I created when I first arrived on the forum. It went something like "I've been saying this for ages".

Link found: Re: Communication is a cheap and quick way to reduce angst 

Ghosts has two direct communication tools in the game itself. MOTD which is used exclusively for DLC promotion and Clan wars. We now also have a ticker (press LB on xbox) which is useless as tits on a bull at the moment.

Unfortunately, it seems that anything that maybe considered controversial, unpalatable, or bad news is just not communicated. My strong belief is that trying to keep all communication "undeniably positive" has the opposite effect of what they want to achieve, that being customer trust. I, for one, am sick of being treated like a kid. I realise that there are indeed kids that play Cod, but I wish we were treated as adults.

Drew mentioned the Tac grenade glitch. I have to say that the hotfix occurred rather quickly. However, no acknowledment of it before hand. Shite happens, sometimes you have got to deal with it. A message should have been put out not to exploit it (or just make references to taking advantage of an exploit will lead to punishment) -- Instead we all had to put up with nobheads who gave scant regard to the Coc.

We have a Coc, yet it is widely disregarded as a lot of gamers do not fear it. Why, because the game devs/publishers don't make it overt. If I saw a MOTD warning players not to break rules, etc,. etc, I would be over the moon, as this would show would-be bad sports that the security team is on the prowl.  Not saying that the security isn't do a good job, it is just that the secrecy prevents any preventative effects.

We have two community managers who do not really engage with the community. Last we hear on the forum was in Spawn Feedback. I know that in the past devs who come onto the forums are met with some hostility. My advice, suck it up and don't take any notice of folks who just heckle. There are a lot of folks on the forum who would treat the devs with respect,; this should not be passed up because of 'haters'.

Communication is so simple. I gave a suggestion that for the forum traffic to increase MOTD should be used. Most gamers have no idea we exists. Simple - a MOTD with a blurb about the forum. Or, after TUs are released a MOTD directing gamers to the forum patch notes. So easy, yet for some reason not implemented. Furthermore, my suggestion should be a lay down misere, thought of ages ago. Maybe it has been, yet not seen as worthwhile. lols at logic.

Wrappin it up as I'm rambling, apologies.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to matuzz

That's all they care about is maximizing profits aka making DLC and micro transactions. They also only care about saving money so very little work gets done so that their bosses can save money. So saving money and maximizing profits is cutting costs such as work in general and technology and it's making more DLC. The next game will be the same exact way unless Sledgehammer games is actually passionate and will work for free.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

That's all they care about is maximizing profits aka making DLC and micro transactions. They also only care about saving money so very little work gets done so that their bosses can save money. So saving money and maximizing profits is cutting costs such as work in general and technology and it's making more DLC. The next game will be the same exact way unless Sledgehammer games is actually passionate and will work for free.

You may take this the wrong way.... but insipid, immature posts such as this set my teeth on edge.

IW/ATVI are in business to make money. If they aren't making money on COD... they quit supporting COD. They put in a lot of money, time, and effort into Ghosts. They care about the product and aren't being lazy about what they do.

And posts like yours are EXACTLY why we have such piss-poor communication with them.

How can they have a rational and mature discourse on issues when people's POV is they're only in it for the money and lazy?

They have made some mistakes with Ghosts for sure...

... but can we as a community not be so over the top hyperbolic as to their intentions?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios