Infinity Ward to kill the quickscopers

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Infinity Ward to kill the quickscopers

Infinity Ward release a survey asking us gamers two choices

Do you think we should remove quick scoping

A. Keep quickscoping as it is in ghosts

B. completely remove snipers aim assit, which would kill quickscoping

I would choose B because I'm tired of noobs complaining and I want to prove to them that my skill is not dependent on aim assist and that I can 20 20x better with a assault rifle or smg than a sniper

give your choice and reason in the comments

Level 10
33 REPLIES

Re: Infinity Ward to kill the quickscopers

in reply to PSNGamerRednigh

I'll believe it when I see it.

Last night I was playing MW2, and there was a player who was quickscoping like a mad man. Clearly a hacker, as MW2 did not have quickscoping. I reported the bugger, though I doubt much will come out of it.

Quickscoping will kill the COD franchise if it hasn't already.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

MW2 is where quickscoping took off. Black Ops 2 is where it became too easy every game after MW2 except Black Ops 2 and Ghost quickscoping was way harder to do because aim assist hindered quickscopers and it wasn't scoped aiming until they were actually in the scope. The aim assist isn't the only reason why snipers and quickscopers are so successful in Black Ops 2 and Ghosts it's because of sticky aim as well and also they lack sway which MW2 had an abundance of and they all lack flinch which Black Ops 1 had on their snipers.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

Quickscoping in FPS's have been around since Golden Eye, Call of duty wasn't where it took off, but I am all for it going bye bye.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

If anything it took off when gaming videos became popular on Youtube.

Level 35

in reply to RunAndGun1

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Quickscoping was RAMPANT in MW2, its where I first came across it and heard the term. Wow... O.o

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Bielsalmighty wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Quickscoping was RAMPANT in MW2, its where I first came across it and heard the term. Wow... O.o

Then I'll consider myself lucky in that I was able to avoid it to the point of not complaining about it or seeing it as an issue.

One thing I did notice playing MW2 lately, is that there are quite a lot of players using the grenade launchers. I mean a lot. I don't call them noob tubes because it's based on an actual weapon. If anything is "noob" it's quickscoping. I hope they DO remove it from Ghosts and all future CODs. COD was a great series once because you actually had to improve your skills with each release. I like that challenge. Making it easier for new players to get kills is stupid. It makes the game more like a toy then a challenge, which in my view is the biggest mistake developers can make with a game of CODs type.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

MW2 became a huge explosive-fest due to combining Scavenger (actually replenished Lethals) + Danger Close (of course, boosted explosive damage by 40%) + One Man Army (replenished Grenade Launchers and Launcher weapons) + Grenade Launchers/RPGs to just spam explosions

Level 24

in reply to RunAndGun1

Quickscoping wasn't a big problem because assault rifles and SMGs killed in two hits, outperforming snipers for close range unless you missed a lot.

Level 28

in reply to ADW1983

The assault rifles are fully automatic sniper rifles with no recoil and they are 2 shot kill instead of one and the K7 and MTAR-X are fully automatic marksman rifles on they are 3 shot kill with no recoil with the fastest fire rates.

Level 23

Studios