Is CoD still fun to play alone?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Is CoD still fun to play alone?

I find myself asking this is often now me and my friends are consumed with work and University, we find our gaming time much more limited than we once did. For example we all used to be able to play together and have fun but now we can't do that as much.

I find that the recent CoDs --Ghost and BO2-- aren't fun to play alone. In fact I'd say the last game that was really fun to play alone would be Black Ops 1 and then most of MW3.

I don't know if its the maps, guns or just the fact this CoD doesn't have anything interesting about it but I do have a theory that the Devs no longer focus on making a fun game and now they focus on making a game for MLG players or people who want to play in an overly competitive manner and thus this game isn't fun to play at all.

I mean instead of focusing on the 85% of people that don't play MLG or competitive they've made the game completely competitive and totally designed around MLG players. I mean I played Titanfall this weekend at a friends house as I don't own an Xbox and I can safely say I had fun, not because it was new, I mean its basically an FPS with parkour but it was the fact the game was amazingly fun to play. It wasn't like 'OMG tryhard competitive mode' it was casual as they come and it reminded me of every CoD before BO2. It isn't design for MLG players, its designed to devliver a fun gaming experiance.

So overall I don't think this game is fun to play or even fun to play alone. I think its better with friends because it creates a social platform and you forget about why you dislike the game.

Anyway I've went off topic a bit but is CoD still fun to play alone?

Activision Ambassador
9 REPLIES

Re: Is CoD still fun to play alone?

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I think it is fun to play alone in this game.

However, I also think it's more fun to play in a party.  TF is probably a better game to play solo in, simply because it's much easier to carry a non communicating team to victory than it is in Ghosts.

Level 16

It's always better in in a party but ghosts seems to cater to the party players and clans while the other cods such as bo2 cater to solo players

Level 7

in reply to JoeyEll

Tbh I think if you asked 99 people what/who cod "caters" to, you'd get 99 different answers. And hearin lies the problem. Fact is, they'll never make a perfect game. No one will.

Activision Ambassador

Fun is subjective to each person (my version of fun is not yours). That being said, I do have fun going against better players because it forces me to do new things, and that makes me a better player. That is my fun when playing solo.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

So you said this game isn't fun overall, yet you're asking if it's fun to play alone? Okay..? Anyway, I understand what you mean by not finding the time anymore. My friends are either still in college and or working. The thing is though, I barely played with friends when we were in high school. I think I was a junior when MW2 came out and that was the only game I remember playing with others, which I rarely did. Basically, I've always played alone and I still enjoy it.

Level 3

Personally... any MP game is a lot less fun when played alone.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

I get stuck solo most of the time and have fun. Sure, its harder since I'm not that great of an individual player but it makes it that much more sweet when I do well against a group.

Level 10

It stands to reason that Team Games are always more fun, well, with a team.

But I have had to play lone wolf, primarily, in this game due to similar constraints, and have enjoyed it (sometimes more than others). In fact there are times it can be MORE fun, as you can have a bit more freedom. Some of the guys I play with are heavy on holding down an area or just gripe too much, so it can be liberating at times to play with randoms.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I play alone most of the time, I'm in a clan but I only really like playing HCTDM so quite happy to just play with randoms. If not then i'll play FFA, but do have trouble adapting from HC to core. Wish there was a HC FFA.

When playing alone I just make it my mission to upset the try hards I come up against......great fun!!

Level 7

Studios