Is CoD still fun?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Is CoD still fun?

in reply to trialstardragon

MW2 actually had amazing maps that were big, yet offered multiple routes and depending on what perks you had you could seriously use the map to your advantage.

For example jumping off of a balcony into the river bed or whatever it was in the map rundown would either kill or hurt you really bad but if you had commando pro (no falling damage) and speed perk such as lightweight and marathon, you could open a rush route and catch people who'd usually peak round the corner and block off a bridge access.

So it was the little things like that which made the game special.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

scotland-rules wrote:

MW2 actually had amazing maps that were big, yet offered multiple routes and depending on what perks you had you could seriously use the map to your advantage.

For example jumping off of a balcony into the river bed or whatever it was in the map rundown would either kill or hurt you really bad but if you had commando pro (no falling damage) and speed perk such as lightweight and marathon, you could open a rush route and catch people who'd usually peak round the corner and block off a bridge access.

Everything you just described is also in this game. Not tracking.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

Everything you just described is also in this game. Not tracking.

Actually it isn't, the maps have a much greater different flow to them which in itself is good and bad.

Activision Ambassador

Actually it is, everything you mentioned about how the past games were is in Ghosts to those who know how to set up their class and then use that setup correctly for the map and not expect one setup to work the same on all maps.

Level 70
Highlighted

The maps on Ghosts are very much different from the maps on MW2, the flow is different and the feeling while playing them is different.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing.

Activision Ambassador

Different is a good thing, it makes you learn more about how you play and how to play. Allowing you to learn new strategies to play against a wider group of players. Copy paste play takes less skill and is why most dont like how much ghosts changed from past games. Because their skills are less in it than past games and they feel they should not have to learn or adapt to the new game. That instead developers should just make games that let their current level of skill transfer directly over to the new game.

I can remember when BO came out people complained about it too as not being fun, as not being CoD and it was for the same reason. Which is why BO2 was made more cluster fudge and people liked it because they got kills more often and thus more exp, and higher stats, and more levels sooner.

If a game takes longer to level the prestige hunters cry its too slow, if if it takes more than 5 seconds for the first kill the rushers cry its too slow. This generation of players is filled with adrenaline monkeys that need quick matches and high scores  with fast kills and streaks that do half the work in order to validate playing the game as fun to them.

Level 70

The game you mentioned is excellent, and has absolutely no competitive bile, but then the team that made it told MLG specifically to....well, they wouldn't acquiesce to their designs to modify the game for competition when they were in charge of the COD franchise (I was a consultant for MLG at the time).  I do agree with your points however, which is the very reason why I chose not to render my services to MLG prior to the launch of premium.  This game is no longer a shooter, it is a military accessory game designed to cater to a specific set of tactics, primarily camping.  I'm hoping that Sledgehammer has some fresh ideas, because the talent left the building when the original IW team departed.

Level 3

Studios