Is IW high or desperate?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: Is IW high or desperate?

in reply to slyd0g55

slyd0g55 wrote:

the point I was addressing was that those already done classes are saved , If you so happen to be in a game without a particular set-up would an extra create a class really make a difference? How many different loadouts could players actually use in one match? I could understand if it was about killstreaks and wanting to switch to maybe support or assault but really that's about it .

I tend to only play certain game modes so my classes rarely vary

As some people have stated, it can make a difference.  For people that change up their playstyles, depending on the map, depending on the mode (if you're playing a playlist that rotates game modes), or who may need to change loadouts (as I mentioned in my post) depending on how other people are playing.  Mostly tends to be the case if players are using explosives, then I put on blast shield.  If there's an Oracle or some kind of air support out, then I put on Blind Eye.  If there's an abundance of thermal and scanner users, then I put on Incog.  For the most part, I tend to not use those perks as often.  And during clan wars, I usually set up my loadouts for different match types rather than defensive loadouts, so I may not always have a class ready for the douchebaggery.  For me, particularly, I dont have too much of a problem with only 6 loadouts.  But, on the rare occasion, it might be nice to have some dedicated to defensive set ups when a situation springs up that I may not have anticipated.  Ideally though, I wish we could set up/edit classes on the fly.

In any case, personally, I would not pay for extra slots.  But it would be nice to be able to swap soldiers on the fly.  I will say, extra custom classes may provide a slight advantage.  But it isn't necessarily overpowering or unbalanced.

Level 1

in reply to whenthetidalhits

whenthetidalhits wrote:

For me, the extra loadouts are only a slight advantage. For the most part, it really only comes into play if you need to react to some other players mostly douchebag tactics.

This is what I see with regards to the extra slots: They are  convenience - thats all. If a player finds him/her self having to cycle through ten 'loadouts" to win, then the problem is not in the loadouts...its the player

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

"problem is not in the loadouts...its the player"

Fully agree, constantly changing your class during a match ,is in my opinion not a good idea..

IN REPLY TO:

whenthetidalhits (to slyd0g55)   

"Ideally though, I wish we could set up/edit classes on the fly."

You would miss valuable time , as well as not supporting your team mates , I think instead of rushing into a game (now that the lobby time is a lot quicker) maybe spend a few minutes thinking which mode will I play , Am I playing solo? Whose in the party?

Most importantly what class suits me as a player,

(I spent my very 1st prestige on cycling weapons , 2nd prestige mixed up the perks - My headset is not compatible so I'm yet to fully explore Amplify) By the 4th you really should have a rough idea on what works with you!)

I have no problems with the create a class, with previous titles , I never used more than 5 classes 

Level 23

in reply to WolfRidge

How it should be:

Villians pack: $3.99 Makarov pack + the three other villian skins

Heroes pack: $3.99 Price pack + the four other hero skins

Camo pack: $1.99 the four camo redicule packs

Camo pack 2:

hero pack 2

ect....

Extra create a class: Free

More prestiges: Free

The pricing is way too high. $2 for one skin....yeah not getting one cent from me now.

Level 1

in reply to WolfRidge

No, they're just greedy. If they really respected their players, they'd have dedicated servers for all platforms. Unless COD 2014 is played over dedicated servers, I'm not touching it. Or any other games played over P2P/listening servers.

Back before MW2 was going to be released, an IW rep mentioned in a video interview that they were considering dedicated servers. They should've went beyond "considering", and instead implemented dedicated servers. But, since COD was popular, they obviously didn't feel the need to. The whining about "oh, they're so expensive" has proven to be a running joke. When your game grosses $1 billion in its first week after release, you have the resources for investing in dedicated servers. There are many other games with a fraction of the players COD has that provide dedicated servers for their players. So, money becomes more about an excuse then a reason. As of today, I have yet to experience the so-called "hybrid" servers we've been told to expect. It's time to own up, or get out of the business.

Level 21

in reply to WolfRidge

I bought the skins because well, they are only 1.99 (which is fine to me) but I refuse to purchase the extra slots just to prove to them that this should have been part of the game and not sold. What I really do not like, is that they appear under every squad name as something to download.........I do not want to see the extra slots.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to WolfRidge

Just because you have played the game for years does not mean you earned anything or entitled to anything being free in the game ever.

Level 70

in reply to WolfRidge

They are neither high nor desperate. They are a business, not your best friend.

Level 7

in reply to ShocKuMzzz

That's a fair point, I understand the realities of business, but goodwill to customers can go a long way

A lot of players I'm guessing will not buy these extra items as IW are obviously trying to cash in (no prob with that) but if they offered up some freebies the gesture would encourage new customer loyalty.

I'm already well invested in this franchise, but there are new players (new business) all the time, the gesture would be well aimed at them.

Loads of companies think they can maximise profits this way but it's misguided!

They would sell MORE if they saw the bigger picture.

Thanks for the replies

Level 20

Studios