Is IW high or desperate?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Is IW high or desperate?

So I've just logged into the game and see that IW are trying to sell extra slots as part of the customisation package.  I've noticed the trend of trying to milk the Call of Duty fan for all we're worth but this is crazy!

Rather than begging Xbox players to try out the new maps for free in the hope they will buy them, why not try treating the whole community with parity.  Playstation players have as much right to this game as anyone else!  Judging the Next-Gen player counts I think maybe PS4 holds it's own.

We started out as passionate fans for this game,but COD like everything else has been polluted with the developers trying to get every last penny!

This franchise is great and as a long time fan,this desperation disappoints me.

All of these customisation items should be free!  We've earned them over the years.

Rant over

Level 20
18 REPLIES

Re: Is IW high or desperate?

in reply to WolfRidge

I'm fine with them selling weapons, maps, gun camo, char skins, whatever.  Selling us our 4 missing CaC slots is pretty shady though.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Maps, gun camo, char skins fine. Anything that gives you an advantage over another player, no. Even if a gun isn't OP it has characteristics that would give you additional options on each map and the play style you use, and those additional options are an advantage.  The character skins could move into that territory if they ever make the ghillie suit something you would buy.

Level 12

in reply to WolfRidge

I'd search, a lot of discussion over the Custom Slots out there.

But can't blame the Devs for a Contract MS and Activision signed for First Access.. they have to abide by it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Way too much to try to wade through..

Level 6

in reply to WolfRidge

You got 10 squad members to choose from (or however many you have unlocked) each squad member got 6 ,create a classes

= 60, why would you wanna spend $$$??,

I admit I'm not one for trying to many variables after the first prestige , because after the second I've got my loadout sorted - 4th prestige all squad members unlocked

The fact ,giving more $$$ towards  game add on's is just, well crazy to some, IW must be getting desperate because most of the community just can't afford to keep paying for a game with more add on's every year , bad enough we pay for season pass and they don't cycle with original maps ,why is this??, because (my opinion)

- buy maps / almost as expensive as buying the game by the time 1st DLC drops

- got to download maps to PS4 , /using up broadband - if  on a set amount

Most players just think well the next CoD will be in a year ,just make do with, till then

If they got rid of campaign mode I would maybe lol start spending $$$ on DLC content   

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

They can't cycle the DLC Maps as not everyone bought them and matching making lobbies would be a nightmare. We would have situations like 12 players in a lobby 11 have onslaught, 1 doesn't so the new maps don't come up as an option, so people will post why let the have nots into the same lobby, how far do we go ? do we stop those who don't buy the maps playing at all ? this franchise is now about $$$££££ and not about the player... people need to remember this... I bought the load out pack on XB1 and PS4 as the inability to swap solider in the game means sometimes I'm stuck with the wrong load out or some setups work better as on DLC hardcore you don't know what game is coming.. anyway the solution is map the maps free and sell the crap like ducky camo and wolf skins, even sell new weapons if thats what it takes and put every new map in rotation from the off.

Level 4

in reply to JesusHchrist

Yea but BO2 had a good system for players with and without map packs. I had players in our party with only DLC 1 or DLC 3 and it seemed to work out fine as well.

MW3 is when they started doing all this separate playlist jargon,

There's mixed feeling towards this ,

-   those who didn't buy map packs and can't find a game - the 1 answer best suited is, if you didn't buy map packs and can't find a game is because you bought it for the campaign mode only and multiplayer is a bonus ,

I didn't buy this game for campaign and if I spent money on season pass I should be rewarded with the full package deal , If Modern Warfare had started DLC playlists instead of cycling with original , later titles, many players would never had bought DLC content , It was my understanding that map packs was an 'add on' to the original , Hell, they add the weapons and camos with the original , maybe they might start doing that all separate as well!!!

Desperate maybe, or they change what shouldn't have been changed!

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

slyd0g55 wrote:

You got 10 squad members to choose from (or however many you have unlocked) each squad member got 6 ,create a classes

= 60, why would you wanna spend $$$??,

Not sure if anyone else has already said this, but even though you have 10 squad members, afaik, you cannot swap between them while in a match, the way you can easily swap between loadouts.

So, sure the total number of loadouts is the same as say in some previous games, at least the ones that had 10 custom loadouts anyway.  But it's not quite the same.

In between matches, I believe you can change your soldier.  But once you are in a match, you only have access to however many custom slots your currently selected soldier has.

Still, for those of us who have been playing COD for awhile now, at least for me, since COD4, we used to only have 5 custom loadouts. And, there was a time when you actually had to earn the extra loadouts by prestiging.

For me, the extra loadouts are only a slight advantage. For the most part, it really only comes into play if you need to react to some other players mostly douchebag tactics. For the most part, I prefer to run and gun and play with my favorite perks, weapons, and/or equipment, which I rarely change, except depending on the game mode. However, if I come up against douchebags that like to use explosives, especially noobtubes, IEDs, C4, etc. I have to break out the counter set ups.

Level 1

in reply to whenthetidalhits

the point I was addressing was that those already done classes are saved , If you so happen to be in a game without a particular set-up would an extra create a class really make a difference? How many different loadouts could players actually use in one match? I could understand if it was about killstreaks and wanting to switch to maybe support or assault but really that's about it .

I tend to only play certain game modes so my classes rarely vary 

Level 23

Studios