Is quickscoping cheating?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Is quickscoping cheating?

Some of my friends and a lot of people I meet online say quickscoping is cheating and I argue with them that it isn't. They always get all mad but when i say "Give me a good reason how it is cheating", nobody can give me one . So I don't think it is. It still takes practice and skill to do...

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is quickscoping cheating?

in reply to Ben_Pufahl
Solution
‎09-03-2014 11:50 AM

it not cheating, nor is it op it is just annoying

Level 7
47 REPLIES

in reply to Ben_Pufahl
Solution
‎09-03-2014 11:50 AM

Level 7

in reply to JoeyEll

Yeah, i agree it's annoying and bs but not everyone can see that.

Level 1

in reply to JoeyEll

RedNight129 wrote:

It IS op. Why? Because NO OTHER WEAPON has the same "bonus" feature as a quickscoping sniper has with the sniper rifle. The sniper rifle is designed for long distance kills. If it operates in any other fashion, it's not a sniper rifle. It's BS.

To say it's not OP is delusional. Unless ALL weapons have a similar "boost", then quickscoping stands ALONE in having a benefit that NO OTHER weapon has. It's quite obvious and simple. You're just ignoring the obvious. This topic has become like beating a dead horse. No one wants to admit to the absurdity of it because they would like to try it someday if they haven't already.

The bottom line is, give ALL weapons a similar boost, THEN you claim it's not OP. Because then it would be true. Until then, you're just being dishonest.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

That is kind of the mind of a child and or someone who has no real weapons knowledge. I'll promise you at close range a proficient shooter is very likely to kill you with a .308 or larger round. The bonus that the Assault rifles get? Burst fire range...SMGs hipfire accuracy...shotguns pure stopping power...LMG sustained accuracy at mid-long...now thats just video game wise. Everything is semi balanced the issue is the exploit everyone overlooks and Infinity ward is trying to balance. Simply put the sniper rifle shouldnt have ANY auto aim from the hip but it does and you can utilize the aim assist from hip to scope transition for an insanely accurate shot w/o any skill beyond trigger timing.

Level 4

in reply to Ben_Pufahl

No it is not cheating, some don't like or care for it some do..

Level 75

in reply to Ben_Pufahl

Its taking advantage of a glitch.  So yes it is cheating.  They might of made it harder to do...but the chrome lined totally makes up for that.  I hate OHK to death, off of a QS.  But the QS crybabies will come in here and defend it, so I will just alter my game play when I see enough of them and destroy them.

Level 14

in reply to HEREIAMNOW

This is what I see when I see QS.   The bullets always hit me with their wild shots, I am moving and the hit marker isnt even on me, but it finds a way.

Level 14

in reply to HEREIAMNOW

how is it a glitch

Level 7

in reply to JoeyEll

standard definition:  a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment.  Is there anything regular about Quick Scoping.  They suddenly pull up to aim and fire, and with little to no accuracy kill you with a sniper rifle where the hit markers arent even on you.

Dis this fit your criteria of a glitch?  People are exploiting a glitch in a game, that they can fix....but......

Level 14

Studios