Lets join together to come up with a compromise for sniping

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Lets join together to come up with a compromise for sniping

I'm sorta tired of hearing forum members and youtube people complaining about quickscoping.

I myself is tired of seeing developers get yelled at and have hate towards them and death treats

I have never sent anybody from any studio these kind of stuff

I have sent them stuff I want change, but always  did it and a respectable way

So lets, the cod community end war forever in cod

Lets talk in the community hq to find a compromise

My idea: bring back jugg and mw2 style sniping : if you got sniped you can survive and still have time to survive and shoot back

or

return to black ops 1 sniping, I heard tons of people say this was the best so lets please the majority

or

make it like heavy duty sniping, but when you put on something like chrome barrel, you have worse hip fire, no aim assist and the attachment takes up to attachment slots

or

Sniper rifles have increased damage at ar's longshot range, but is a 2 shot kill if it is closer than that (unless head to upper chest shot)

Please leave a comment with your thoughts and ideas  so we can end this stupid argument

Level 10
118 REPLIES

Re: Lets join together to come up with a compromise for sniping

in reply to PSNGamerRednigh

Haven't there been enough Sniper threads?

You are never going to get 100% agreement.

The best thing to do is adjust to sniping as it is in the game and leave the balancing up to the Devs, who have numbers and metrics far greater than our individual perceptions. You will never make everyone happy.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to PSNGamerRednigh

In no scenario should you survive getting shot by a sniper. Even if it's too the extremity you'll most likely die, lose a limb, or go into shock. The fact that you can take a .50 caliber round to the chest and run away like a prancing school girl gets the blood boiling. Especially with the CB attachment.

The solution to QSing is simple. Leave it to a certain gamemode, Squads, and Private Matches. QSing is not hard, nor is it fair. Anyone who takes the time to practice keeping the center of the screen to where you want to shoot. It takes only a little bit of time to get down.

Recently I've been solely using the L115 trying to get my Ghillie Suit (or as I like to call it; the-make-you-invisible-wherever-you-go suit) and because of this I'm finding myself in a QS or die scenario more times that I would like. I've made numerous posts about having a severe hit detection problem and my accuracy suffering from it. Before this past weekend my accuracy with my L115 had dropped to around 48% and after last night I had brought it up to about 52%. This proves that QSing isn't something that takes skill but rather adjustment.

Even at long ranges you can do what I like to call reflexive sniping. Some people call it drag scoping or whatever, but I find it be more about reflexes than anything. I line my screen up to wherever I see movement. Scope in and while I'm zooming in I make adjustments. The reason this can be done is because you see where your crosshairs are before you're fully zoomed in. This allows you to make quick and accurate adjustments on the fly and by the time you're fully zoomed in you're on target.

The traditional methods for sniping are nearly obsolete. Players who spend even a little bit of time sniping can adapt to faster ways of aiming a weapon with a high OHK potential. Is this fair? It seems they're taking the skill out of something that once use to be a highly skilled weapon. It's only equalizer is the fact that the R8 and weapons of the like are basically OHK weapons with the burst attachment (which makes the MSBS nerf all the more hilarious). Throw burst fire on the R8 and it's a 3 hit kill are nearly all ranges. Add the Muzzle Break to it and it is a single burst kill at all ranges. Get two well aimed shots to the chest and you'll drop your target. The RoF of an AR will beat any SR that doesn't OHK.

This being said I think we're in a catch-22. Snipers are losing their effectiveness with each passing game. QSing is what's keeping them relevant in my opinion. If they were highly skilled weapons (like I personally feel they should be) then few would use them and even those who were good with them would find little incentive to use them.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

nice answer

Level 10

in reply to Ghamorra

Total dweeb question, but are any of these sniper rifles chambered for .50 cal?  I was figuring they were all .308.  The Barrett is the only rifle I know that is .50 cal.  Makes no difference in COD, but it would be nice to know.  Getting harder to tell what these weapons are supposed to do in real life anymore.

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

The AS50 in MW3 was .50 cal. There was one in Black Ops II, I think the XPR. I'm also under the impression the Lynx is, at least it acts like one. Super heavy damage and super heavy recoil. I would assume that the Lynx is modeled to be the .50 cal of Ghosts.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I guess they always have one.  Other than the VKS, I haven't really used any sniper rifles.  Is the Lynx the one that will give a ohk from like the ankles up?

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

TOLAND wrote:

I guess they always have one.  Other than the VKS, I haven't really used any sniper rifles.  Is the Lynx the one that will give a ohk from like the ankles up?

On paper yes. The scope is smaller in size though and the optical zoom is half that of every other sniper. The damage is good but hardly an of the snipers in this game will give you a OHK on a consistent basis. I get a OHK maybe 50% of the time.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Huh, no wonder I never see the Lynx being used.  What a weird way to set up a rifle.

And I do have to say sniper rifles, the few times I've used them, don't seem to be as powerful.  MW3 had the last really good ones I think.

Then again, I may just not be very familiar with them.

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

I almost exclusively use them and you're right. They're not all that powerful. I do well, and maintain a 1.7 K/D with one, but most of that is due to map knowledge and keeping myself out of harms way. It's really the only advantage to sniping in this game, the maps offer some real good places to snipe from. The OHK potential though is a lie. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing the "damage lottery" when sniping. Any one of a hundred numbers could be called.

Level 75

Studios