Maybe a 2-year development cycle might result in better COD

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Maybe a 2-year development cycle might result in better COD

in reply to ADW1983

You're not actually reading a lot of posts trying to insinuate that a longer development cycle (with more resources and talent invested) doesn't yield better results.

Level 35

in reply to ADW1983

You're not actually reading a lot of posts trying to insinuate that a longer development cycle (with more resources and talent invested) doesn't yield better results.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RunAndGun1

Well, then weening off of the campaign portion and just building the mp experience might be the solution. The campaign is cool sometimes. But, like a lot of players i end up focusing on the online mp gaming.

Or just an mp beta to test the online gaming for lag and matchmaking might help fine tune the game before release. It just seems strange that lag gets worse over time with each release. I don't like having to stick it out for three months just when the lag finally gets tackled. Though in BO2 the lag never seemed to be reduced. Whatever the solutions are, I think more online testing is needed based on how the game plays with each release.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Three words, "Duke Nukem Forever".  Sometimes length of development doesn't result in a good game.  I'm happy with an every year release, keeps the game fresh learning all the new in and outs of each release.  I would like to see a third company take the third year in the cycle though.  That would give everybody two years between each companies offering.  Doubt that's going to happen though as everybody will still need to get paid.  One thing that IW and Treyarch should have done is had some meetings and agree which company was going to do the "near future" trilogy.  Each series should distinguish themselves more than they are currently.  Am I really missing WWII COD?  Never thought that would happen!  Peace.

Level 12

in reply to RunAndGun1

Maybe, maybe not.

Every title has issues... it isn't always possible to know what is going to happen when released to the public. That goes for pretty much any level of development, be it large or small scale. There are ALWAYS going to be issues on release and throughout its life-cycle.

Plus.. much of the perceived issues with this game are just that... perceptions. We are spoiled as a community, so it becomes harder and harder to distinguish between actual problems, perceived problems, individual user problems... you get the gist.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to RunAndGun1

They need to give the series a break for a year, think of some original ideas and invest in a ACTUAL BRAND NEW ENGINE.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

If they give the CoD addicts a break, they might sober up and come to their senses. Activision won't let that happen.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Your post is quite funny if you picture some blood shot wide eyed dude staring at the screen in the dark. 

Level 40

Studios