Mean, another Call Of Duty ruined by them nerfing the sniper rifles because apparently they're to over powered..... Seriously?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Mean, another Call Of Duty ruined by them nerfing the sniper rifles because apparently they're to over powered..... Seriously?

WTF are they thinking!? Its a freaking sniper rifle its supposed to kill you in one shot you half witted minties. Why didn't they just make most of the other guns a little bit more powerful ffs. The last thing they should be nerfingh is these snipers but no... Should have done that to the LMG's....

Level 1
29 REPLIES

Re: Mean, another Call Of Duty ruined by them nerfing the sniper rifles because apparently they're to over powered..... Seriously?

in reply to iQuiiKz

Hey iQuiiKz,

I've gone ahead and moved this discussion to "General Discussion" as this post was not support related.

Thanks,
^AJ

Community Coordinator

Re: Mean, another Call Of Duty ruined by them nerfing the sniper rifles because apparently they're to over powered..... Seriously?

in reply to iQuiiKz

Was there a hotfix nerfing the snipers? Because I don't see a sniper nerf in the last patch.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

He's probably mad that his USR silencer can't one shot like before.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

Any sniper should be a OHK weapon no matter what attachment it has on it, especially a silencer. I am also unhappy with this nerf as I almost always use a sniper rifle, and it seems that anything that the community complains about, gets nerfed.

Level 3

in reply to Clarkeyy_1

Sounds like you need to play some HC, the silencer penalty isn't a nerf, its a correction, its been present in every COD since COD4, all silencers have a range penalty, until the USR in Ghosts didn't. They have corrected that oversight, nothing was nerfed.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Valid point mate, but the thing is that the sniper rifles damage overall was reduced. I have been using the Lynx for some time now, trying to get it gold, and it has been quite a consistent 1 shot kill weapon in most situations, but since using it yesterday, this hasn't been the case, and I'm consistently getting hit markers, with or without a silencer.

Level 3

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Um actually snipers got a damage penalty since COD4 the other guns got the range penalty. So you are right about them correcting an error but they never nerfed the snipers range they nerfed the damage. The snipers in this game still don't have a sway or flinch penalty so the OP should be glad about that. Cause something tells me instead of precision aiming he probably just aimed in their general direction. What's worse is if you put the Thermal Sight on any of the snipers except the Lynx you don't have any sway or flinch.

Level 18

in reply to Clarkeyy_1

Clarkeyy_ wrote:

Any sniper should be a OHK weapon no matter what attachment it has on it, especially a silencer. I am also unhappy with this nerf as I almost always use a sniper rifle, and it seems that anything that the community complains about, gets nerfed.

Then why would anyone NOT use a silencer?  all weapons in the game have silencer penalties, why would snipers NOT have same penalty?

They are already super easy to use in this game and waaay overused...especially with that thermal scope

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

The way I see it if you can't see someone using variable zoom or a sniper scope then you probably suck at seeing people to begin with. I don't even know why they put the Thermal Sight on the snipers it's idiotic I mean if it was the MW2 Thermal Scope you know with sway and flinch and lots of zoom I wouldn't have problem with it.

Level 18

Studios