Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design

in reply to ADW1983

CoD4 has really bad, clusterf*ck maps..

Just bad.

Level 3

in reply to genki_sudo1

Lol. CoD4 have the best maps, it's not an opinion. it's a fact. And the fact that it's my opinion, while being a fact, makes it a factial opinion. Eat that fact /yoloswag etc hashtaghashtag etc.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

I wouldn't say the map was stupidly designed or too big. It was partly because of the tanks...the game needed bigger maps and lanes for the tanks. When I played the map I played as a sniper and had an SMG on backup for those CQC moments. The map is massive and I do agree that it was pushing it. But I was thinking of maps like Estate, Afghan, Crash, Wasteland...those kind of maps.

I mean even BO1 had resonable maps like Villa, Silo, Hanger, Array,

You get the picture, you didn't feel like you were constantly under threat but you didn't feel like you were out the action for more than 15-20 seconds.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

dtuchpunk wrote:

Large maps can mean empty spaces without players.
Or it should be groundwar only maps. Some of the big WaW maps where to big with 12 players. You could walk around for minutes without seening an enemy

some of the w@w maps were stupidly big seelow for example..

Personally, I liked Seelow. It was large with open spaces with elevation yet still had plaenty of close engagements.

... most important...

... it was in no way a corridor driven map.

We need large maps as well as smaller maps. But I personaly hate the postage stamp sized ones.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

dtuchpunk wrote:

Large maps can mean empty spaces without players.
Or it should be groundwar only maps. Some of the big WaW maps where to big with 12 players. You could walk around for minutes without seening an enemy

some of the w@w maps were stupidly big seelow for example..

Unless you were playing on PC with 32 - 64 players

Level 6

in reply to dtuchpunk

Well yes but to be honest these maps offer diversity.....I'm sick of the 3 lane turnout black Ops 2 had. The maps were crap with little invitation....basically there are very few sniper maps or sniper spots...

The sight lines are gone on almost every maps because of the fact the devs put so much useless junk around the place. Take big maps in BO2 like Turbine, they've cut off most big sight lines by a bridge, trees, mountains. Look at aftermath...its a big map but plays like a small one.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

i got pissed at aftermath simply because you needed to play FFA to even get a feel of a large map, and 3arc eleminated even the medium maps from FFA over BS. if anything maps should be removed for being to small, WaW is the only COD game that had maps big enough to be removed for being to big.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

Nah, none of the maps in WaW were to big they were about the right size. Smaller than BF maps but better in size compared to what BO2 offered.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

some of the vehical ones were, unless you were playing groundwar on them, other then that they were all fine.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

This is an example of what's wrong with the map design.

The above is one of the largest maps in Black Ops 2 -- yet you dominate snipers if you use an SMG, regardless.

Level 28

Studios