New Call-out Feature

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

New Call-out Feature

This is one of the things that I'm really excited about in Ghosts.  I run solo quite a lot of the time and most randoms I play with don't use their headsets and very few of the ones that do actually call out useful info on enemy locations or where they died etc.  When playing with friends it makes such a positive difference having them giving shout-outs or warnings.

This new feature seems like it will be really beneficial for the lone wolves in team games.  Anyone else as excited about this as me?

Level 29
29 REPLIES

Re: New Call-out Feature

in reply to WKMMS

WKMMS wrote:

This is one of the things that I'm really excited about in Ghosts.  I run solo quite a lot of the time and most randoms I play with don't use their headsets and very few of the ones that do actually call out useful info on enemy locations or where they died etc.  When playing with friends it makes such a positive difference having them giving shout-outs or warnings.

This new feature seems like it will be really beneficial for the lone wolves in team games.  Anyone else as excited about this as me?

yes. It works really well too it makes a huge difference even if you're playing with a team, when i went hands on with ghosts it took me a few mins till i worked out it was the game giving call outs not someone on my team. I'm really looking forward to it will as it as you said make a huge difference to solo players.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

It's one thing to have a dev big up a feature in their game, but to have a respected member of the community, who's had hands-on time with it, give positive feedback is a far more compelling reason to get excited about it.  Thanks for the info

Level 29

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

WKMMS wrote:

yes. It works really well too it makes a huge difference even if you're playing with a team, when i went hands on with ghosts it took me a few mins till i worked out it was the game giving call outs not someone on my team. I'm really looking forward to it will as it as you said make a huge difference to solo players.

I think it's a nice feature...

... but...

... each game seems to diminish the social aspect of COD.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

maccabi wrote:

WKMMS wrote:

I think it's a nice feature...

... but...

... each game seems to diminish the social aspect of COD.

The douchebaggery of the general COD population diminishes the social aspect. Seriously, every once in a while I won't mute the lobby just to see if I'm pleasantly surprised, and to see if people aren't being jerk-offs to each other. ...mute button it is.

I haven't looked into this feature yet, but I'm hoping it's a good thing.

Level 21

in reply to WKMMS

I think it's a cool feature, but I do have concerns. My main concern is that the game will know "more" than a regular player. For example, I might be hiding behind an object and shoot an opposing player. Now, that player may not actually know where the shot came from, so he wouldn't know what exactly to call out. However, the AI might say "He's in the yard behind the shed". That wouldn't be right.

Level 7

in reply to iAmEFFeX

That is a reasonable concern.  My understanding is that it works on line of sight.  It will only call out something in the player's direct field of vision.  I think that will be equally beneficial and detrimental to everyone.  Besides it doesn't always matter if the enemy knows where you are, if you know they are likely to be coming your way, you're still the one at the advantage I believe. 

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

If it works on line of site that's reasonable. I am definitely interested in the feature either way, it's something different and should be helpful. I really don't play in parties so it should be beneficial for me personally.

Level 7

in reply to iAmEFFeX

"Get off the shed!"

Level 1

in reply to WKMMS

It's something I can't judge without playing it. I hope it will help me and other lone wolfs to go better. But then the enemy's has it also.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

Studios