New DLC gun announced for XBox Season Pass Holders

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

New DLC gun announced for XBox Season Pass Holders

IW announced on their Instagram account and via Twitter today that there is a big announcement tomorrow for XBox Season Pass Holders.

http://instagram.com/p/lKrtfSypyT/

According to Charlie Intel, this is a new DLC gun called "The Ripper", and Season Pass Holders on XBox will have early access to it. http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/03/05/season-pass-holders-to-get-early-access-to-new-weapon-the-rip...

It appears to me that the gun has an in-stock Ammo Cartridge, a digital sight that can be flipped up or down with a pretty cool animation, and is a Hybrid of an Assault and SMG. If you look at the LED display on the back of the gun, in one sequence it reads SMG in Red. In another it reads ASLT.

There also appears to be glimpses of new maps, one looks to me like NYC as it appears to have  broken down Brooklyn Bridge in the background (just wild speculation on my part). My guess is that the Ripper (if that name is correct), will be included with the second DLC Pack as well.

Thoughts?

20140305-081130.jpg

1h

Season Pass holders: this is for you. |

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
19 REPLIES

Re: New DLC gun announced for XBox Season Pass Holders

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Looks pretty cool. Though I question how exactly it will be implemented into Ghost. Is the Ripper part of the second DLC pack, or something else entirely? Season Pass owners only? If Season Pass holders get special perks such as early access, then Im probably going to stop at Walmart and pick up some Microsoft Points, even though I already paid for Onslaught.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

My understanding is the rumor is that SP holders will get it early. If I had to guess, it will be released with the Second DLC Map Pack for everyone.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Another assault rifle oh goody but wait there's more this assault rifle has the fire rate of a smg. Looks like the weapon DLC is basically going to be one gun type throughout the DLC season. Oh I predict every DLC pack after the first one will have a remade map and an assault rifle to go with it.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

Does seem like an odd choice so close after releasing an AR... but the implementation looks interesting. SMG with the sight down, ASLT with it on. Will be interesting to see how the gun feels in each mode.

Activision Ambassador

Just another way for them to try and entice more to get the season pass since so many did not this time around.

More pay to win weapons as well...

Soon there will be an SR/LMG hybrid.. or a SG/SR Hybrid...getting pretty stupid with all these hybrids they are coming out with.

Plus I bet the maps in the dlc will be even smaller than the first dlc maps.. trying to gain the favor of the rushers again in hopes of drawing them back to the game. Since the player base is so low compared to last years game at the same time.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Or at least have so much clutter that it may as well be a small map.

But yeah, I hope it's not just all hybrid weapons. It would be nice if there were more interesting/unique weapons (in general or at least for its class) like the Chain SAW (at least among LMGs).

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Nah it will be hybrids for each release I bet. That way they don't really have to make more than one but can give out two. Pretty much explains why each class has so few to begin with. And why other game modes and playlists where left out, to leave room for all of these and cammos to be added in later.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

They are getting desperate because the numbers drop every week. It's pretty sad when this game is already at it's death stage in the beginning of the DLC Season.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

You wouldn't mind showing proof that the " numbers are dropping" cause on all the charts I see they are going up.

Activision Ambassador

Studios