Next Gen Playlist Overhaul

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Next Gen Playlist Overhaul

I've spent the last hour or so trying to get in a halfway decent lobby but the player population for the PS4 is so low that either I'm stuck in limbo or I'm being forced into lobbies I shouldn't be in creating massive lag. There's really only a few gamemodes that have people are playing.

I suggest a complete overhaul of the playlists to get more players playing the same gamemode. There should be only one playlist, Core, and only four gamemodes, TDM, S&D, DOM, and Party (moshpit or infected, gun game, and hunted).

Before people start freaking out out of the three playlists; Core, HC, and Clan v Clan there's only 28,000 players online right now. HC has 8,000 and Clan v Clan has 400. Together they don't even account for a third of the total players online.

Inside the Core playlist there's only 5 gamemodes that have more than a 1,000 players playing and out of the 13 total gamemodes 6 of the have less than 400 playing, 2 of the 6 have 100 players playing.

Level 75
24 REPLIES

Re: Next Gen Playlist Overhaul

in reply to Ghamorra

I've always been in agreement that the game has far too many playlists. Many of these lists should be removed.

One list that is sad is the clan vs clan option, this was requested extensively through the years and when it appeared no one gave a f----k about it. Goes to show you that the COD player, doesn't really know what they want.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I'm on XBONE but I think the numbers you mention are about the same.

Having said that, dont mess with HC! 1/3 is a significant amount when it comes to percentages. Now I agree, I don't think we need so many versions of each type. Do we really need Moshpit?

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

KC135R wrote:

I'm on XBONE but I think the numbers you mention are about the same.

Having said that, dont mess with HC! 1/3 is a significant amount when it comes to percentages. Now I agree, I don't think we need so many versions of each type. Do we really need Moshpit?

It needs to happen though. That's 1/3 of the population in that playlist. the 8,000 is further divided between 4 gamemodes. If HC is to stay it needs to be one single playlist.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

So what your saying is by forcing the 8000 HC players into the already 19,600 Core player population to try and improve your matchmaking is worth removing HC completely. Sorry, but this makes no sense. Players gona play what they wana play.

Level 1

in reply to Ghamorra

I am on PS4 and really has not been that bad finding matches. Although I constantly get put into loosing games but that is expected.

I wish they would add more maps to ground war, or at least freight/warhawk. I love Ground war but sick of playing WhiteOut-Octane-Overlord....repeat over and over. I would rather play Seige and Chasm as they work on ground war but they never get voted.

Level 4

in reply to Ghamorra

Yep HC that alternates between TDM and KC like GW does.  This will piss off a lot of the HC guys who think they r the only Elite players in the game but it makes sense.  I don't have PS4 yet but I hear the hit detection is real good so i would imagine maybe more HC players will migrate to core over time.  Maybe

Level 42

in reply to Ghamorra

They can get rid of all HC except for DOM for all i care.

I play only HC DOM because of the way HC works in other modes  (just my opinion)

HCTDM- Everyone camps which is why I play DOM. It forces you to get out and run. AND the delay respawn is sooooooo lame! I hate waiting to respawn.

HC Sand D- It really is useless in HC because you die so easily and they can collect your tags almost immediately so you spend every game watching others play.

HC KC- ehh.... collecting tags means nothing in this version of COD so why bother.

Level 9

in reply to Ghamorra

This needs to happen on all consoles IMO.  Too many choices.  I think a moshpit of the low tier groups would work great for them.  Or have it as a preset choice in private lobby/etc - or even make it a squad choice.  Multiplayer needs to get pared down greatly, I definitely agree.

Level 16

in reply to Ghamorra

Or they can come with a way to get the population back. The population of players decreases every weak gee I wonder why?

Level 18

Studios