No theater mode in CoD: Ghosts :( IW PLEASE READ

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

No theater mode in CoD: Ghosts :( IW PLEASE READ

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/14/call-of-duty-ghosts-wont-have-in-game-livestreaming-features-... 

Why would they remove good features like theater mode? I'm pissed. I couldn't care less about the eSports stuff, I'm not into it. But theater mode was a great addition to Black Ops 1, MW3, and Black Ops 2. It was good for YouTubers so they didn't have to record every single game to get good footage. It was also good for reporting cheaters and boosters. IW may have taken a few steps forward with Ghosts, but IMO, this is a big step back. 

UPDATE:  Even though I still think it is a myth that theater caused lag in P2P, now that they have dedicated servers what is the reason for no theater mode?  I'd like IW to actually tell us why instead of ignoring it.

Level 16
49 REPLIES

Re: No theater mode in CoD: Ghosts :( IW PLEASE READ

in reply to Yoda429

A good move in my opinion....

If anyone is serious with their youtube channel, they'd invest into it, by purchasing a capture card of some sort.

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

highlandsparky wrote:

A good move in my opinion....

If anyone is serious with their youtube channel, they'd invest into it, by purchasing a capture card of some sort.

Actually i'd disagree on this point doesnt matter how much you spend on equipment or time you spend making videos, theatre allowed content makers to make some really interesting videos with ease.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

theatre allowed content makers to make some really interesting videos with ease.

Theatre certainly allowed SOME, to make interesting videos....

The rest, just their usual montage garbage.

Level 18

1. Who is anyone to say what videos are good and what ones are bad. Different people enjoy making all sorts of different types of videos and others all have different taste in what videos they like to watch. They took out something that brought the game a sense of amusement, payoff for doing hard things or funny or cool things in the game. I know allot of people that are really pissed off about this. My one question is... If there were so many people that got so much amusement and had so much fun with theater mode, why would they take it out? I mean the only people who don't like it are people who want to just rain on everyone parade. Think of it like this.... If 600,000 people like the theater mode and 400,000 people don't, then what is the point in pissing the 600,000 people off and make them hate your new game that has so much potential not only in amazing game play but, so much potential in stepping up from BO2 videos and streaming to something way better and new. The 400,000 people who don't like it, "for no reason." They just simply don't have to use it. So to conclude, i would have to say that removing theater is a loose loose situation.
Level 1

in reply to Maccabi

i just fought it was good for catching boosters and hackers. now you cant even replay the game and see if they was using hacks

Level 2

You do realize what you just said was really stupid, you obviously don't know all the things you can do and what people do with theater mode. What most or all youtubers do is keep playing until they get a good game and then go to theater mode and record it. There is no point recording every game until you get a good one. Theater mode makes youtubers life so much easier. And when you said they should invest into buy a capture card of some sort, what do you think they are doing....exactly that.

Level 1

i have a capture card and record and showcase my clan onto youtube, not all members have time to record all gameplay so the theatre mode comes in usefull in saving time to make montages save great clips and to show off skills to other players.....do u sugest that all members go and buy a cap device....seems daft to me should of just kept a great feature the way it was

Level 1

Theater lets you play and then go back and record the games later with a cap card. It's gonna make streaming harder.

Level 1

in reply to Yoda429

Theater mode wasn't that great. Who cares if you get a nice clip? With all the people uploading to Youtube because of how easy it was/is hardly anyone looks for a small uploader's videos. I don't think anyone actually looked at other people's file shares either. Black Ops 1 I did but certainly not 2. And highlandsparky is definitely right. If you are serious about your channel put some money into it.

Level 10

Studios