Nostalgia Map

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Nostalgia Map

So I would like to propose a simple question. Infinity Ward brought Terminal back from MW2 to MW3. Now while they didn't bring anything from MW to MW2, so Terminal was a kind of fluke if you will, and with Ghosts we are on a new sub-series of Call of Duty, I would like a map, most preferably from MW3, but maybe even from each MW, to come back.

So, if IW brought an MW3 map back, which one would you pick? I didn't have all the DLC, but if we consider it, I would like either Liberation or Overwatch. If we are going for vanilla, I would like Bakaara.

Level 5
42 REPLIES

Re: Nostalgia Map

in reply to Gambitual

Vanilla cod is call of duty. (Aka vCoD)

what should return? District or crash

Level 1

in reply to Gambitual

They ARE bringing back MW3 map-DOME

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

IndyOldGuy wrote:

They ARE bringing back MW3 map-DOME

DOME is already in Ghosts. It's called Strikezone. If you look on YouTube, you can see a video that shows how DOME and Strikezone are literally identical layouts. The difference is, that some areas that were "outdoor" parts of the map are now indoors.

Here's a link to one of the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxiLp_RniV0

There are actually multiple videos on this same issue. The idea that IW is bringing back Dome as Dome, seems rather insulting given the blatant similarities between the two maps.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to RunAndGun1

Interesting

Level 17

in reply to Gambitual

I am a huge fan of terminal.  I'd like to use the new weapons and killstreaks in it.  It could be a staple for the series.  And it's a testament to how the TSA fails you every time!    and I'm excited for Dome to come back (if it does).

Level 10

in reply to cybizzorg

OMG, I hope to never play on terminal again, imagine the camping on that map now with all the snipers,  thermals,  and tracker sights in this game

Level 17

in reply to Gambitual

As long as we aren't paying for it.

I appreciated terminal as a free map in MW3, but I felt they went too far with old maps in BO2.  As much as I do like most of the ones they brought back, they made the map packs feel like slightly used map packs.  Right now the difference between MW3 and ghosts is pretty small, compared to how much the game has changed since MW1 and WaW.  We don't need MW3 maps, I can just play that instead.

If they do bring back old maps, i at least appreciate what 3arc did by changing the skins, but they could do more.  When they announced Nuketown 2025 i hoped they'd open up the side of the map with the car people camp behind and add some new areas, which would change the map a bit more.

Level 15

in reply to Gambitual

"Now while they didn't bring anything from MW to MW2"

Yes they did.

Overgrown, Crash, and atleast one other map I believe.

Level 2

in reply to DestroyerX93

Vacant & Strike

Studios