OK STOP who actually likes small maps.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

OK STOP who actually likes small maps.

I'm seeing a trend here, they keep making and remaking small maps, who actually likes them? I don't understand how nuke town was a fan favorite enough to remake it, and scrapyard? SCRAPYARD? REALLY?

Noone ever liked playing scrapyard in Modern Warfare 2, they skipped it, a lot, maps in MW2 were favorites like high rise and terminal, hell I'd love derail again, I get the feeling it's not the community that's picking the maps or creating problems of the game being tiny mapped.

Its Activision and Treyarch, they are forcing small maps because they find them "fun", at this point I am merely observing the changes to ghosts I fear its a little late for me to find a love again for COD after all the bullshit, but I will continue watching and hoping you guys clue in and realize that you should of just copied Mw2 it self.

/end rant

OH p.s wtf is wrong with you and these new designed maps with so many entrances? what was wrong with mw2 maps? or COD4....

Hey actually why don't you just port ALL OF THE MAPS to the new games, and don't pretend its hard to do so, you don't have to do the bullsht updating to a map (terminal 2.0 -mw3- ruined the map, its id tech 4 ffs.

I'm ranting as a COD vet, I just don't understand your design direction, I want to be able to play COD it appealed to me, but this what you've released is not fun.

Level 6
68 REPLIES

Re: OK STOP who actually likes small maps.

in reply to Starbuck_OS

I'm not a fan of the really small maps. I absolutely detested NukeTown and Hijack.

Saying that I actually like Scrapyard.

Medium sized maps are the best IMO.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

biron_w wrote:

I'm not a fan of the really small maps. I absolutely detested NukeTown and Hijack.

Saying that I actually like Scrapyard.

Medium sized maps are the best IMO.

exactly. medium size maps are best.

Level 17

in reply to Starbuck_OS

I dont understand this obsession with small maps endless hip firing playing tag your it game play that the devs keep paying attention to. Its dumb.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

It's the BEST.. That's what COD is about.. Fast arcade style small/med size maps. That's what made COD4 great. Problem w smaller maps is simple. Good players dominate bad players. In the Bigger maps, you can slow the pace down and give the lesser player a chance w longer line of sights, campy equipment, etc.

I prefer the smaller maps, but maybe because I like using subs. In Ghosts, I mostly use AR's now. Not as much fun, but I can live w it until 3/11//14.

God I miss the Mp7/PDW& Skorpion.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

It's the BEST.. That's what COD is about.. Fast arcade style small/med size maps. That's what made COD4 great. Problem w smaller maps is simple. Good players dominate bad players. In the Bigger maps, you can slow the pace down and give the lesser player a chance w longer line of sights, campy equipment, etc.

I prefer the smaller maps, but maybe because I like using subs. In Ghosts, I mostly use AR's now. Not as much fun, but I can live w it until 3/11//14.

You're a little bit off. COD has never been about the clusterfk style you call "fast arcade style". Earlier CODs always had medium to larger maps. Because earlier CODs focused on skill based gameplay. You actually had to IMPROVE your gameplay to compete. Nowadays, thanks to lazy players and money grubbing developers, COD is churning out more tiny tiny maps. Why? For one, they're cheaper to create. Smaller maps mean less development time, more bang for the buck in the end. Plus, it enables noobs to get more kills faster. Which means more people will buy the game. It's all about the bottom line on the spread sheet. Skills? I don't need no fricken skills.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

I never said cluster fuck, I said fast paced. Anything after COD4 was made to shorten the skill gap between great players & average players. Smaller/Medium size maps gives the better players the advantage. They lead to more actual gun fights, which quite frankly will be won by the better player unless that player is lagging. Another reason for the smaller maps is that eSport Crap. BO2 was a showcase for eSports and IW is slowly but surely following that stupid trend. I prefer maps the size of Firing Range, Uplink, Crash, etc. These maps were perfect, you had enough room to roam and it didn't feel like you were running into teammates, etc. I'm not saying they need to bring back Hijack, but I don't want to play maps like Stonehaven or Siege. I want to play and have the outcome decided by what goes on on the field not by the timer because nobody wants to move. 75 Kills/65 Tags should not be hard to reach but in Ghosts it sometimes becomes an uphill climb. If you like large maps then hey, Ghosts in the game for you. Enjoy.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

COD is a FPS and its fast with small, mid and large maps. You (the player) DICTATE the speed.  If you can't deal with that---that's personal.

PUR4IDO wrote:

Good players dominate bad players. In the Bigger maps, you can slow the pace down and give the lesser player a chance w longer line of sights, campy equipment, etc.

Your level has been shown perfectly here: WEAK players complain, GOOD players can deal with anything! You have trouble, with longer sites, ------ sounds personal again.

PUR4IDO wrote:

Go play BO2 than......why are you playing Ghost?

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

What are you bored? Must be, cause Ghosts sucks. You're replying to a post from January 28. I don't play Ghosts anymore. All 3 copies of Ghosts collecting dust. ( 360/XB1/PS4 ). Waste of facking Money. Waste of Season pass, The game sucks so much that Activision lowered the price to $39.99. When have you ever seen a Call of Duty for sale 4 months into it's life cycle.

There are also couple of old post from FEB, if you want to reply to those also.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

What are you bored? Must be, cause Ghosts sucks. You're replying to a post from January 28. I don't play Ghosts anymore. All 3 copies of Ghosts collecting dust. ( 360/XB1/PS4 ). Waste of facking Money. Waste of Season pass, The game sucks so much that Activision lowered the price to $39.99. When have you ever seen a Call of Duty for sale 4 months into it's life cycle.

There are also couple of old post from FEB, if you want to reply to those also.

I just saw it today, didnt realize you responded to my initial response to someone else.

If you are not playing, the heck are you doing posting on the forums for Ghost?

of our training"
Level 75

Studios