Objective modes

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Objective modes

I'm a supporter of people playing the game the way they want, I do. However, the number of people not playing the objective in HC Dom is beyond control. I just joined a typical match, my team had one player with one cap, the rest had none, and the enemy team had one player with two caps, the rest had none. The score was 50-100 to the enemy and spectating my team, every single player was just looking for kills with no thought to capping flags.

This is not a one off, it happens around 8/10 matches and really is just a game spoiler. So, what can be done to encourage players to play the objective? I know they introduced half points for taking half a flag but it doesn't seem to be enough. There are plenty of ideas, don't count kills and deaths towards your overall KDR, award caps and defends a higher score and/or points towards streaks. Just two thoughts. What do you think can and should be done?

Level 38
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Objective modes

in reply to sennalike
Solution
‎16-06-2014 03:14 AM

In objective based games:

1) No XP for kills/assists IF YOUR TEAM DOES NOT WIN. Only XP for objectives and challenges is awarded at end of match.

Or

2) Bonus XP for winning team. 500, 750, 1000? Maybe based on the score, a multiple of your margin of victory.

And

3) Unique objective based kill streaks. Capture X number of flags (or tags, or scores in blitz; adjust number for each game mode obviously) and get a kill streak not available any other way. Maybe a team total capture kill streak too.

4) Higher level kill streaks could be 'locked' and are unlocked by achieving the objective, including defends. Like anything higher than 5 needs 2 captures, higher than 10 need 3.

Maybe option #1 would lead to more quitting as one team pulls away, but quitting is another thing that should be addressed. -5000 XP for quitting more than 30 seconds after starting/joining a game, And your QUIT RATIO should be displayed right next to your K/D.

Anyway, I think some of these ideas would help. Best is to party up with people who will play the objective, but that is not always an option.

RCX
Level 7
20 REPLIES

in reply to sennalike

Take away any type of K.E.M or MoB would negate some killwhoring. Other than that pure slayer players have always been in objective modes when they are on a coordinated team they can be monsters. I also blame YouTube so many young kids play CoD now and see video's of people getting 50-0 score's they try and emulate what they see and we all know what the fish in a barrel mode is. 

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

I agree, taking the top streak reward out of objectives might help. But then it might make those streaks too rare. Getting a 25 streak in TDM isn't easy! I myself admit I have ignored the objective when I get on a good run of kills, it's human instinct.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

I think if there were respawn timers on HC Dom, you would get more people attacking the objective.  However, with no respawn delay and horrible spawns in this game, people find it easier to just pick people off and work on their K/D in HC Dom.

All I see these days are m27s with thermal and silencer.  HC Dom with that setup is pretty easy.

Level 16

in reply to WhyNoName

I used the m27 with thermal and silencer, until I realised it's a lot better with the iron sights, or VMR. Thermal is too restrictive and slow.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

There will always be players that they won't play for the objective because they play objective games that last longer and there is no limit on the kills they can get. So objective games gather players who want to capitalize on this and work on their K/D ratio.

It's not just on HC that this happens it's in Core as well.

Now days the objective is being played only by players in clans playing clan wars trying to win nodes.

The devs noticed this and they made the change that you mentioned above. When you capture an a flag or a neutral flag you are being awarded half a point. Also in KC when you capture a tag you are also awarded half a point.

I have played lots of games where I tried to play the objective my self and all I got from trying to cap flags was deaths. Now, unless I am in a lobby that there are members of a clan playing clan wars and trying to get the objectives,I never go for the cap unless I a sure that I am alone I will capture the flag before the enemy catches up with me.

In BO2 the streaks where awarded by a score system. For a sentry gun in Ghost you need to get 7 kills. In BO2 you need to get a score of 800. And score was awarded not only for kills but also for capturing the objective. If you cap the B flag you were awarded a score of 300, if you got a kill when caping a flag you were awarded a score 300 and so on.

I my opinion what ever is done there will always be players not playing the objectives. They will play their own objectives which is their K/D ratio. We will just have to accept this.

Level 22

in reply to sennalike
  • Point streaks is a good start, In BO2 I liked capping while killing to boost my score towards my first streak reward.
  • Upping the score per cap as well as a countdown timer on it so not just the enemy can neutralize the flag?
  • Maybe if you cap 10x in a match 30-50 times you get patch/title/special camo ?

I play the objectives when required and I also hate the fact players expect me to after they notice I'm trying, "he'll get it if I run over their now I'll miss it mentality"

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

There are some cap related patches, but yes a decent standout patch might help a bit.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Like what the others said above, if there was a developer focus on rewarding objective caps (like scorestreaks) instead of being only KD focused then there wouldn't be much of this nonsense.

Take away KEMs as well and you would see a totally different game.

Everyone wants to get KEMs and high KD's to show off on YouTube and boast about in lobbies so of course gameplay suffers for it. That's what happens when KD is focused on too much.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Thou KEM's are a favourable streak reward, it's hard to get , I've suggested it to be a HC reward only , only because I believe it's alot harder to earn, some say it may make it more campy but it's easy to sort that issue, by communicating with team mates and tubes & nades, I reckon up the cap points, I for one am focused on my avg score when it comes to stats but that's just me. I would hate to see this mode be scrapped because of the selfish type players.

Decent emblems & titles need to be a focus on upcoming CoD's - earned , not paying for through DLC

Level 23

Studios