Panic Knife needs ATTENTION

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Panic Knife needs ATTENTION

Panic knife is garbage! It takes 3, 4, or 5 rounds to kill, but one (1) lousy knife prick kills? Garbage! Unless you sneak up from behind, knife kills should take several stabs to eliminate a player. A minimum of 2 stabs should be required. Further, in a gun vs knife fight, if the knifer is shot first it should increase the number of stabs with each bullet taken. i.e. the knifer eats two (2) bullets they must stab the gunner four (4) times to win the kill. If you have taken a bullet, you are weakened--so your knife thrust is also weakened. My point is that if you slash my shoulder, I am going to barrel stuff your ass.

Level 3
47 REPLIES

Re: Panic Knife needs ATTENTION

in reply to BAZTUD

try improving your reaction time and it wont be as much of an issue for you

Level 2

in reply to plastic_bag

Okay how can you react to something that kills you in less than half a second? Also why does it take less time to panic knife then it does to switch a weapon?

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

if you have quicker reaction time and greater situational awareness getting knifed is not going to be much of a concern for you these threads are just rage influenced posts after somebody just died when they thought they shouldnt have i mean do i get annoyed when somebody panic spams vaguely in my direction with an mtar? yes i certainly do but then i'm not asking for a nerf(isn't it funny how nobody clamors for nerfs on the mtar, remington, hb, or any other popular smg or ar?) the knife is just fine..nerf the knife and it becomes virtually obsolete everyone's complaining has already near wrecked sniping in this game..and i am new to sniping but it's very clear you are at a great disadvantage at just about every range sniping in this game..i am enjoying the challenge of learning to snipe in such a difficult manner though do yourself a favor though. setup a knife class and play that for a couple days hell a couple matches..lets see how your k/d starts to look and let me know how much of an advantage the knife has over guns in this game. btw the shootout knife option..dont even tell me you arent all going to complain about the animation being too long and being left out in the open defenseless after the melee and how knifing is now broken and they should bring it back to something faster but in the end..the best nerf for anything in this game is you getting better..and by the way i am not very good and wont pretend to be, im new to fps in general. as i've continued to play and develop my playstyle though i've found alot of things that used to annoy me dont annoy me so much.

Level 2

in reply to plastic_bag

The issue isn't about knifing people its being knifed whilst shooting someone or coming around a corner then wham, panic knifed.

It wouldn't be a large concern if there was no Commando animation that allows easy panic knives, BO2 had it well where you had to actually aim at the person you were trying to knife.

Not just "oh shit hit buttons quick" and then the animation does the rest.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

you had the chance to knife too, but ok, maybe was not easy, but what's the problem? you got knifed? because this game has this feature...and it's not because it's broken, it's to give the player an add option, but where's your problem? that hard to get over it? it's the same as with everything elese, may it an IED, a grenade or anything...one time you kill, the other you get killed...but as said, it's the same for everyone and gives no advantages on the thing itself...maybe only by skills...get over it and take it like a man !!!

Level 6

in reply to Rexens_View

Exactly.

Level 3

in reply to TheDarkOne123

because it's a feature in game that works as it is and works same for everyone !!! not only for your opponents, but for you too...yes, that's what it is, a feature, one that has its own part in game and not done by panic only, as hard as it is for you to believe

Level 6

in reply to plastic_bag

Fair enough. Then how about a block. If a player can respond within 0.25 seconds of the panic knife it is blocked. i.e. both players go for the panic within the allotted time, there is a block and the players are shoved 3 feet apart. Then a knife fight or shoot off pursues. A knife fight which as previously stated takes TWO stabs to kill a player.

Level 3

in reply to BAZTUD

Good idea Buztud !

Similar to the BF4 counter-knife option.

I think it is a bit retarded that players can run through bullets and in a mad panic hit R3 (or O if playing Tactical) to get a kill in a fraction of a second.

Level 38

Studios