Penalized for decent stats...WHY????

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Penalized for decent stats...WHY????

KDR is 2.44, largely because I don't charge round like an idiot, and HAD a W/L ratio of 1.55 and climbing until the early days of this month. I'm not spectacular, but a solid team player.

Now all this has changed dramatically. Sometimes I'll lose 8 or 9 games straight and why? Because the Powers that be, appear to have changed the system for who's on what side.

Basically, the new setup sees everybody who has over 1 kdr on one side, and me on the other with nothing but driftwood/split screeners. I don't regularly make 20/30 plus kills (-in fact I average about 11) so what chance do I have of winning?

I have to say my enjoyment of this game has plummeted as a result. Knowing you're going to lose before you start is soul destroying to say the least...I can't understand why I need to be punished for having respectable stats.

Even when I do post a decent score (27-4 earlier this week), it still isn't enough to stop yet another loss. Please explain to me why I'm no longer entitled to a fair chance???

Level 1
14 REPLIES

Re: Penalized for decent stats...WHY????

in reply to 1p5w1ch

Well, its just matchmaking. If you had a team of no prestige noobs against a team of Master prestige, it wouldnt be fair even though it does happen. Same idea here. I got one solution for you, join a decent clan to have like minded teammates. GHOSTS CLAN RECRUITMENT

Its better to have some organized team than a random one. I dont even play Ghost solo anymore because I cant handle the idiots that end up on my team.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

I'm a loner, I don't do the clan/friend thing. 

I can deal with having idiots on my side, that comes with online gaming...I just don't get why now COD has decided I should have NOTHING BUT idiots on my team!

All it means now is a serious amount of Lobby quitting on my part.

..And think about it, if the game makers equation now says if you have a high stat player in the lobby, you stack all the other above average players against him, and he quits you're left with THE most one sided match up ever.

It wasn't broken before, sometimes you had tough games, sometimes easier ones, the arrangement now is just dumb in the extreme.

Level 1

in reply to 1p5w1ch

Yeah true. But playing with randoms yields random results. The COD formula for matchmaking isnt necessarily fair, but does decent for the cards it has in its hand.The system has to make balanced teams for every lobby, and there are quite a few factors for changing teams. How do you think other players feel when they get bad teammates? Pretty much the same as you. Im not saying you're wrong, but the system for matchmaking cant really change a whole lot, the computer doesnt know who an idiot is or not. It just throws you in a lobby and matches you the best it can. If their was an option to narrow matchmaking making results, that could help, but there isnt those options. Its first come, first serve, and the ones that come first may be the majority faction we call noob.

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. K/D: 2.12, W/L: 1.59. I use to run solo, but not anymore just for the exact reason you're having.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

I here what you're saying, but the point is the system HAS changed a lot. Post (-presumably) the last GHOSTS update (-8th September ish) the more random method for who's on what side HAS clearly most definitely been altered to a new setup. I now can predict accurately who will be on my side in the pre game lobby, which was something I was never able to do under the old team selection.

I joined this Forum to see if anyone else had a) noticed it b) know why it was done c) vent my annoyance at it, as it has all but TOTALLY killed my enjoyment of playing to win.

Level 1

in reply to 1p5w1ch

Sometimes you are on the winning side sometimes you are not ... that is just how it goes.

I have a 1.56 TDM KD and and a 1.00 WL.

I can hold my own but I can't win a whole match by myself if the noobs keep doing their 720-no-scopes.

But I am not a quitter either ... I just switch to support and take down every killstreak the enemy team brings up

Level 6

in reply to 1p5w1ch

You say you have decent stats, and yes 2.44 KD is good but 11 avg killers p/game isn't good.  I average 8 per game however I only play search and rescue, and that is pretty good for a person who always plays in a 6 man party.  However if you are playing any other game mode 11 kills is terrible.  You can't carry a team like that.  I would rather be on a team with a person who has a 1.5 kd and has 20+ average kills per game.

If you wanna win, play with friends, but like you said you are a "loner" so you can't complain.

Level 10

in reply to 1p5w1ch

LOL get real . If you only avg 11 kills a game you barely move, how do you expect to contribute to a win ?

You got to play more of an active role to win matches , hence, sacrificing KD stats...

My avg kills is 26, I commit in all maps,which usually rubs off towards my random team mates whether it be TDM,DOM or any mode , having a mic also helps as long as your not overly forward this can result to being muted.

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

Sly was a bit blunt but a big part of your problem is you.  Unless you are playing SnD, 11 kills per match is okay but it's not what is needed to carry a team to victory.  I average between 25 and 35 kills per match even in TDM.  When I have the occasional 11 or 12 kill match, I'm just glad that someone else on my team had a good game because I sure didn't do much.  Now the reason this is so important to your dilemma is that you play solo.  Whenever you play solo you run the risk of having bad teammates and you run the risk of going up against an organized clan (which happens a lot in Ghosts).  Both of these things are going to make securing the win difficult.  In order for you personally to see better results consistently you have to become the deciding factor.  You've got to learn how to strap on the backpack and carry your team beyond their ability.

Level 69

in reply to 1p5w1ch

"Entitled"

There is your problem. You are blaming everyone but yourself.

"I'm a loner, I don't do the clan/friend thing. " - and yet you play team-based modes and complain because you aren't guaranteed stellar teammates. Regardless of your score, are you doing anything to help the team? Call outs? ANYTHING? Or are you just playing selfishly to keep the stats you decided you had to mention in the first sentence of this thread?

"All it means now is a serious amount of Lobby quitting on my part." - Congrats on being part of the problem.

It hasn't changed. There have been a lot of clan-based activities lately so folks are playing with their groups. Even a mediocre team can often beat up on an unorganized group of randoms,especially if players on that team are playing selfishly and not for the team.

I have had to play lone wolf because of my weird schedule and because many of my friends have either stopped playing ghosts or upgraded to next gen... plus I don't get to play at the times we all used to party up any more.

So I have to play with randoms. I feel like I am a pretty strong player... I lead my team and am near the top of the lobby more often than not. And because I don't play with a team, I win some and lose some. I do what I can to help my team win, and have been able to lead pretty rag-tag teams to victory, even over clans.

Until you stop placing the blame outwards, you are going to continue to struggle and continue to be unhappy with your results.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios