Please Bring Back Search & Destroy In Pubs

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Please Bring Back Search & Destroy In Pubs

I have been playing search & destroy for years since Call Of Duty 4. Me, my friends and everyone in my clan play search and destroy exclusively. I have little to no interest in other game modes including search & rescue. My biggest disappointment with this game was seeing no s&d in the public playlist. I did not hear any announcements prior to this. If I did this would have greatly impacted my decision to purchase. I know there are many search and destroy fans out there that are going to be upset about this as well. We should have the option instead of being forced to play search & rescue. Anyone agree?

Level 3
33 REPLIES

Re: Please Bring Back Search & Destroy In Pubs

in reply to xHazeSmoke

Just put S&D and S&R in the same playlist.  Players in the lobby can vote for what they want to play... S&D, S&R, or random.

Level 1

in reply to Kon_Artist

That would be a start, but I rather have them entirely separate. If team deathmatch and kill confirmed can coexist, so can s&d and s&r. From my experience, it takes away from the main objective when most people just camp the tags. I much rather the original search and destroy. That was the best game mode in my opinion and should never be touched.

Level 3

in reply to xHazeSmoke

Honestly, search and destroy is the main reason I even play call of duty. Otherwise, I can find a better deathmatch elsewhere. Even Battlefield has s&d now. Come on Infinity Ward, don't take this away from us search & destroy fans...

Level 3

in reply to xHazeSmoke

sucks but as many things in life one adapts, if the game is not your cup of tea then sell it.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

sucks but as many things in life one adapts, if the game is not your cup of tea then sell it.

Please refrain from pithy platitudes that offer nothing to the conversation other than, "Just lay down and take it."

What you have stated is Learned Helplessness at its finest.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

I sympathize that it sucks, but what choice do you have but to play the game as is? Perhaps there is a bigger reason they removed it? No insults intended, these game designers do things for a reason.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

We have the choice of using these forums to give feedback, which is what this thread is. Even though they don't comment much, devs DO listen to feedback.

I just see a lot of people coming in to threads and crapping on them with something like, 'Just play the game.' or 'There's nothing we can do about it, so just take it.'

It adds nothing to the conversation and is some sort of bizarre fatalism of 'Shut up and eat your gruel, or you'll pull landscaping duty.'

Level 8
Highlighted

Well then hopefully they listen to you and the rest who are missing it. I asked for barebones repeatedly in BO2 and never got one response, hopefully it works out here. Good luck.

of our training"
Level 75

Psych. bro spotted )

Level 1

Studios