Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches

in reply to iv0001

Well, in Heavy Duty you had 130 health instead of 100.

Most weapon had to hit 1 or 2 shots more to kill, however the AK12 and M27-IAR are still 3-shots from up close.

Last time i checked there was around 1k of players playing Heavy Duty on PS3.

What is the problem with having a less populated mode available? Does it cost more money to keep it running?

Hunted is not a very populated mode either.

I feel like the option should stay available for everyone who enjoys it.

Maybe it should be better to raise the health a bit more to 200 or so, so people actually feel the difference.

Level 1

in reply to iv0001

IF I remember correctly (which is a big 'if" at this point), I remember reading or discussing that there were technical limitations on how many game modes are available.  This is why they are removing two modes and adding two modes.  Regardless, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to keep a game mode when there is such a low playerbase that represent it.  I would prefer having something else (Grind, HQ, Hardpoint) that would appeal to more than .0036% of people on the PS4.

Level 8

in reply to iv0001

Too many gamemodes lead to too much segregation of the community. With the DLC launch already rolling out there's going to be a lot of hurdles that match making is going to have to go through. Keeping gamemodes that are unpopular will only lead to poor game quality.

Level 75

in reply to iv0001

Interestingly enough, I kinda knew that Heavy Duty wouldn't stay for one reason. The emblem. The nice little emblem that "describes" a game mode gave it away. S&D has the briefcase bomb, Hunted had a skull with a crosshair on it's forehead, etc. Heavy Duty had the same exact emblem as Team Tactical, so it was obvious that it was only filler for a little while.

Level 5

in reply to iv0001

Twitter is currently very active after an IW dev posted this.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/430429766735245312

JoeCecot I'm lovin' new DLC. Any chance player health gets increased? Reg feels like hardcore. Many agree. Thanks CODGhosts Onslaught

Details  

JawJitsu We are considering health changes. It's a difficult thing to balance. Snipers get very powerful as TTK goes up for other weapons. 

There are so many people petitioning IW to increase the TTK. This is what Candice's twitter looks like with people begging the devs to increase the TTK.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40candyslexia&src=typd&f=realtime

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Personally think Core is the best it has been in several titles.

Changes would be foolish.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

The will of the many will always prevail. We are just a small sample in these forums and we do not reflect what the majority wants. Just take a look at incoming tweets to Candice with people saying "please." Twitter is on fire for five hours now with people favoring an increase in health.

The number of people saying "please" is something we have never seen on these forums. People are currently voting yes to increased health in Core and it's a landslide.

It may be just a matter of time until Heavy Duty health becomes standard across the board in Core.

Level 35

Sadly, I also think it's a result of selfishness prevailing or at least people who were largely "tricked" by the horrid lag of MW3 and BO2 now actually dying when they should rather than winning via lag compensation previously.

Level 24

Sad.

They finally perfected Core and now it is going to be ruined.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Just watch...they increase health, then complaints will become even worse because, literally, people will not die when they're supposed to, which will only be made worse for those unlucky enough to lose in lag since, as usual, people who want more health think only THEY will get more health, but no one else.

Level 24

Studios