Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Please keep Heavy Duty available for public matches

in reply to Gerbera

Bingo, my friend.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

While increasing TTK will open up a can of worms, I can see it will hasten the pace of Core.

Level 35

in reply to Gerbera

Agreed. If this community was allowed to make its own CoD, it would kill the franchise in the blink of an eye, it would be beyond unmitigated disaster.

People scream for an increased TTK, the problem is they only think about how it affects THEM with regards to BEING shot, and not what happens when they try to shoot others.

Heres the thing, the impression of getting 1-shotted in Core is not new to CoD. I remember it happening to me on BO1. Regularly too.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

People complained about it pretty much EVERY CoD since online multiplayer was available to it. Same with other online multiplayer games. I'm sure BF games have gotten and are getting such complaints all the time too.

While listening to the player base is important, it's also important to see the context of their complaints too, not simply the quantity of how much something is complained about. After all, the devs are the ones with the actual data that tells them precisely how powerful a gun is at all its ranges, for example, so even if 3/4 of the community says it's "OP", they know otherwise.

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Which probably explains some of the WTF nerfs of the past. The Ballista springs to mind!

EDIT: Also, increased TTK would merely show up latency even worse. With quicker TTKs, more deaths become seen as being out-reacted etc etc. People just have to remember that the enemy shares their vulnerability.

Level 31

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

I doubt they do anything. The "will of the masses" won't affect them. So many people are waiting to jump off in March anyways, such a significant change would pretty much be unprecedented, and would drastically affect the game, I just don't see it.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

The devs wouldn't be talking about it in public if they are not actively looking into it. I say this is an on going hot topic inside IW. The way I see it, they talked about it in public to see the responses. Within five hours, the devs received more feedback than they ever did from Heavy Duty threads in these forums and they are in favor of increased health.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

And there is also an incredible amount of pressure to nerf sniper rifles even more, and as that dev explains, raising the TTK makes snipers stronger. So, I doubt anything happens.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Snipers are difficult as hell to get right. Just a little tweak here or there either makes them devastating or gimps them horrendously.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to NoLifeKing32

I think they are talking in the context that the sniper rifles would need to have higher damage, a buff, to get OHK. As it is right now, it's already harder to snipe in Ghosts compared to BO2.

Level 35

Studios