Riot Shield - Buff It

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Riot Shield - Buff It

first off, i think the assist camo is incorrect. i dont get assists for taking bullets while a teammate kills, only from when i hit once then a teammate kills.

id love to like the shield but its so underpowered. melee is slow, requires two hits and lunges dont always connect (similar to rubber knifing in previous cods). not to mention anyone hip firing will kill me before i land 2 hits.

using it defensively is near worthless as well. crouched, my feet can b shot. anything but directly in front of me can easily hit my sides.

why would anyone strategically use a riot shield? its not a viable primary, just back defense for overkill users. it needs to be some of the following: larger, better mobility, single hit melee or maybe a spike attachment to do so. hell, all 3 attachments are near worthless in hardcore.

i want to be able to use it aside from just horsing around. its been classically bad in every cod. maybe im bad at the game, but give it to an mlg team and theyd get crapped on too.

Level 1
20 REPLIES

Re: Riot Shield - Buff It

in reply to lod254

I totally agree, the riot shield is a defense weapon not a piece of cardboard. more attachments would be nice but i would just want a mobility boost and a change to the assist operation -_- 

Level 1

in reply to lod254

I agree I think they should make it as effective as it was in MW2 riot shield users actually stood a chance against other player.

Level 23

in reply to lod254

120 degree coverage would even b enough to b defensive

ill get it gold for show, but thats it

Level 1

in reply to lod254

Do you know what an assist is? It's when you shoot someone first, then a teammate finishes them off. An assist in basketball works the same way. You get an assist when you pass someone the ball and then they score. It's not when an enemy is shooting you and a teammate kills them.

Level 1

in reply to QUSHY

so i need to pass u my gun then u kill the guy? cuz in basketball i dont shoot then u finish my shot.

Level 1

in reply to lod254

or you could flash / stun them. With recon works best

Level 1

in reply to renjishiro

i dont think flash/stun gives u the assists towards riot shield camo. i do concuss them, othwise odds of a kill r small

Level 1

in reply to lod254

I was very good with the riot shied in the last 3 games that had them, it's my favourite weapon. But it is terrible in this game. Really needs to cover your feet better and could do with being wider.

Level 5

in reply to lod254

A small buff to cover the feet a little better would be nice.

The main thing that needs to be fixed though is when you bash somebody that person should  be either (1) knocked back away from you or (2) stunned for a split second where they can't move (but can still fire their gun).

It's currently way too difficult to beat somebody down with it (even if using the Titanium Frame) compared to MW3. All the victim needs to do currently is circle around to the side instantly right after the first bash and the riot shield user is helpless and exposed in the post-bash position.

Level 3

Studios