Riot Shields are garbage.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Riot Shields are garbage.

Using them for C4? Powerful yes. As a standalone weapon? Terrible. I'm always getting shot through my feet, and even through the shield sometimes. Yes I do crouch. I even aim a little bit low when I crouch. The melee even has a tendency to miss. A lot.

Shielders are way too easy to kill. Sorry. Maybe they would be worth using if they could one-hit bash. They can in Hardcore, but I get shot in even more ridiculous ways. Eh.

Level 7
37 REPLIES

Re: Riot Shields are garbage.

in reply to dayoldtamales

The C4 crap with them in S&R ruins the mode because you will die, it's a given, unless you use that rocket launcher or semtex & run.

But yeah alone the shield sucks. Bash once & they either knife or shoot you. The shield should stun the player far longer then it does now.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

That actually would make sense and should be implemented. A short stun effect that is similar to being stunned by radioactivity like on the edge of Wasteland. A short half-second stun.

Level 7

There's already a half second stun. If you ever got bashed while shooting it made you stop shooting for a half second.

Level 7

This is kinda dumb...the riot shield is not meant to be used as a stand alone thing....it's a totally support build...as in you support a buddy as you guys roam the maps. you distract while he kills from behind....

It actually works nicely when you're not trying to get kills. I tried it with a friend, he would strafe around and people would shoot him, giving away their position and I snipe from a building behind.

The C4 method is the only real way to go solo with riot shields, and even then it is not very good, you'll die after you're out of C4s.....but like I said, this thing is not meant for solo play.

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

I previous CODs you could straight up bash the living hell out of people with the shield if the lag comp was actually being favorable to you. In this game where you can actually use the shield without lag icking you the bash sucks.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

I agree, the bash sucks compared to before. My point is that riot shields should not be designed as a run and bash thing. It is support. That's my opinion.

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

If it was a support weapon it probably wouldn't be in the primary weapon slot.

Level 7

Yeah, if it's a primary weapon it should at least be able to kill intelligent creatures.

Level 7

lol what?

Secondary and primary have nothing to do with support or not....

Level 7

Studios