Satisfying Moments...

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Satisfying Moments...

So, it goes without saying that this game is full of frustrating moments. That guy you just can't seem to kill. Spawning in front of an enemy. Bad Teammates. Insta-kills. You name it, I am sure every one of us has experienced it at some level or another.

But at the same time, I think we've all had moments in game that just made us smile, or were just very satisfying no matter what else occurred during that match.

Had one the other day, playing lone wolf on HC TDM on Flooded, which for me can be a rage-inducing map even on the best day. The Randoms and I played against a nearly full party, and nearly all of them were using shotguns with Muzzle Brakes and Foregrips. As you can imagine, this led to some frustrating moments of getting taken out at range or insta-kills in CQB.

I was not immune to this frustration and had a less than stellar game in our loss, came in second on my team but not up to my usual standards. I did, however, experience one of those extremely satisfying moments during the course of the game.

One guy in particular had been killing me repeatedly in the office building. I was finally able to pick him off and, as I don't carry a secondary, I picked up his Shotgun. I crossed over from the Office building to the parking garage and climbed to the top level with his shotty in hand. Ran through the garage and to the back door of the restaurant, where apparently the entire enemy team was congregating.

I rushed in, took out the same player with his own shotgun, and then proceeded to get 5 or 6 more kills with that shotgun as they ran into the bottom of the restaurant before being taken out from behind by a guy coming through the kitchen. We didn't win, but that sequence was enough to get my adrenaline flowing for the next several games.

So, what are some satisfying moments.. win or lose... you've had during the course of playing this oft-frustrating game?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
31 REPLIES

Re: Satisfying Moments...

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I don't have an actual instance, but in general, I love being the guy that get the major buzzkill. You know when an enemy is on a 15+ killstreak and you're searching for him. Whats even better is when you hear their death mic and they're screaming or crying, "NOOO". This is a scenario thats really only been around MW2 for me. Trying to prevent nukes.

You know, I love that edition to the game. Hearing the mic of the enemy when you kill them. Thats good innovation.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

I remember the first time in MW3 (I think?) we heard that. A friend actually thought the game was broken since he could hear the other team's reaction. Pretty funny stuff, nobody had heard about that and nobody knew what was going on at first.

I love playing that role as well. Especially coming into a game late and disrupting the other team's streaks. Fun to hear their death chat go from gloating to frustrated for sure. I have tempered myself a little bit this time around, but I have always made it a point to get revenge on whoever killed me last, or to take out the leading scorer on the other team. So satisfying, especially when they have done so via a cheesy hiding spot, like this guy hiding on the blue wall near tower on Prison Break yesterday.

Glad to see your reply, was worried my thread had become a magnet for troglodytes until then.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

They should make it two-way and add a rivalry pop-up similar to Plants vs Zombies.

Level 35

Was playing domination on prison break. Enemy was capturing B flag, took out my maaws and got 5 kills with one launch. Came over the kill feed and my team went crazy. We won that match to boot. I said, "now thats how you clear out the B flag fellas."

Level 8

in reply to WOLFGOTTAGUN

Awesome, love stuff like that.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to WOLFGOTTAGUN

I know that feeling.  My MAWWS moment came when I fired that sucker into the top window of the bakery from the upper floor window on the order end of the street and took out 4 guys at once!  There nothing better than getting a group cheer from your team on something like that!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 63

in reply to Im_Old_School

I need to use that thing more. Have only really used it once, when I picked it up out of the random care package on Octane. So much fun.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Im_Old_School

lol That's awesome. How bad were they to have 4 people in the top bakery though?! I would've cheered as well, nice job.

Level 8

Cool story bro!

Mine would be the 53 and 20 game of hc dom on ignition. Got my squat mate 3 times or more that game. I didn't realize until the game was over how well I did and yes I had quite A few caps aswell.  Just to follow up with a lame score next round, story of my life.

Level 33

Studios