Should getting shot punish you?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Should getting shot punish you?

I'm curious to know how the community feels about this topic so I'll just be direct and feel free to discuss.

Should taking damage limit normal abilities such as knifing, ADSing, and movement speeds.

What brings this up are the number of deaths I've experienced from players who knife me while being shot which I don't think should be possible unless you have some kind of armor or balistics vest on.

Getting QSed or being scoped in on while shooting a sniper (this has been patched but not by much).

Shooting players in Blitz as they sprint into the goal. TOO MANY TIMES I'm getting kills after they score.

Level 75
38 REPLIES

Re: Should getting shot punish you?

in reply to Ghamorra

Make it so you cant sprint while you're being shot. Remove any perks which reduce flinch.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

I don't mind Focus, but it should effect guns with OHK potential. An important part of sniping is not being obvious, it takes a lot out of the role of sniper if you can just run around in the open and shoot people all willy nilly like while being shot.

Level 75

in reply to Megadog14

Or...make it so that perks like Focus allows full movement when getting shot. Without it, you'll be encumbered by enemy fire. Activision should take a page from Halo- they do this.

Level 14

in reply to BlackMetroid95

Then nobody would run anything else, otherwise theyd be at a disadvantage.

Level 35

in reply to Ghamorra

In my opinion, this would only slow the pace of the game down.  Someone who knows that if they take a round to the foot they won't be able to run will encourage more sedentary play styles.

In other words, I believe you are asking to have more campers in the game without realizing it.

In the end, the knifing mechanic isn't ever really going away.  People will always blow through your bullets as long as they hit the knifing button in time.  It could be worse, Black Ops would let you knife from half a map away.  I never worried about running out of ammo in that game!

I have no opinion on snipers.  I don't love or hate them no matter how they scope.  I can snipe, but I don't have the love for that play style that others do.

I think Blitz should be scrapped entirely.  The fun of CTF was not in grabbing the flag, but in returning it to your base because everyone could see you on the map then.  You needed teamwork to score.  Blitz is the "easy mode" and thus, loses a lot of the tension that should be there.   I don't even play Blitz anymore because there is just nothing in this game mode that appeals to me.  Search and Rescue doesn't have the tension of Search and Destroy as well.  And don't even get me started on Cranked.  I don't need a timer to tell me to go get some kills, thank you very much.  I can rush just fine on my own.  All in all, I believe the new modes were fails, at least in my opinion.

Peace.

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

I have to agree. Played some Blitz.. and it can be fun... but it is just silly at the same time. We were so dominant that 3 of us were just waiting near the portal. One would go through... we'd wait... the next would jump through.. and so on. CTF required a lot more thought.

I still have my fondest CoD memory ever in CTF on Black Ops (weird since I didn't play a lot of CTF). Was playing with some randoms on Launch. It was a crazy back and forth game, came down to an OT session, when I had my Rambo moment.

I fought my way to their flag and grabbed it. No cover, no help. HC CTF. Ran down below the launchpad trying to get back to our capture point when I ran into three enemies. Somehow I was able to take out all three, and then the flag carrier. I returned our flag and just hauled as fast as I could to our spawn to try for the cap. Sprinted towards the cap point just as the other team caught up through the middle buildings and got the game winning cap with a dolphin dive, bullets flying all around.

Somehow, to me, that is more exciting than jumping through a hole.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

That rush is exactly what I'm talking about!

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

I used to love CTF, but I grew to hate it.  In BO2 I could never get into a game where one team didn't take the flag and keep it while farming kills, and that isn't fun for me in any way, even if my teammate is the scumbag doing it.  I play objective games to win- Once some little kid whined at me for planting a bomb in demolition and I yelled at him to get the hell out and play TD if he wants kills, I'm here for bombs.  I didn't find this behavior very often in earlier games.

Blitz addresses that fatal flaw in CTF, so I am happy to have it.  It isn't the best game mode ever, but there are only two objective modes now, so I take what I get.  Another option would be to change the flag to something volatile that would kill the flag bearer and automatically return the flag if it isn't captured in a reasonable amount of time.  That way you either cap the damn thing or die and the team gets it back without your team just trading it.  The only drawback to this is that each map would have to have a different time limit due to size and paths, and while I am sure that is hardly an obstacle, it does seem like more programming than they'd be willing to do.

I'd kill for demolition back, I am getting very tired of Dom and Blitz.  S&R/D isn't an objective mode, it is a team killing mode with an optional objective- an option that is rarely if ever used.  I enjoy those games, but I do not consider them objective based at all.

Level 15

in reply to ChronoZombie

I feel the same I really hope they do a patch soon

Level 10

Studios