Soooooooooo Ghost has been very Successful.....

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Soooooooooo Ghost has been very Successful.....

COD,

This is awkward (for the haters) but apparently Ghost has been incredibly succesful on both the X1 and PS4. This is shocking to me that the "The rumors of Call of Duty’s death may have been exaggerated". Noooooooooo who would exagerate here?

According to David Thier he states "The most recent installment, Call of Duty: Ghosts, failed to produce the annual “biggest entertainment launch in history” headline, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t still a major cash cow for publisher Activision and the most powerful force in AAA console gaming. On a recent investor’s call, the company announced that Ghosts is the best-selling game on both Sony's PS4 and Microsoft's MSFT -0.73%Xbox One, eclipsing even the much-hyped exclusives Titanfall and inFAMOUS: Second Son."

Interesting information, that T-Fall (has lost ground so fast) that inFamous: Second son has as well, though some posted (many times) on these vary same forums that the game should be "dead" or is "dying".

Perhaps the game which is now in its maturity phase is peaking interest because it had a steeper learning curve than what many expected, or hoped. Perhaps, simply the dead never go away.........BUAHHH.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/05/07/call-of-duty-ghosts-is-the-best-selling-game-on-xb...

So this was awkard for me to write, cause well, you know......haters love to hate.

awkward animated GIF

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
49 REPLIES

Re: Soooooooooo Ghost has been very Successful.....

in reply to Izjar11

Personally think the game was quite good, in spite of some issues.

I think it just hit during a period of CoD Burn Out so it got a bad rap.

The irony? 99% of the haters still bought it and still play it regularly.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

If the haters did'nt play what else would they have to cry about.....

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

As "Bad" as some people claim this game is.. it is still the best FPS shooter series out there... though others are catching up.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Thou it doesn't make it a good game, Many of the haters do just play it to fill in some time, many replies on this. I can't wait to sell, but mind you I do this for every CoD just to recover some cash to put towards the next.

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

What is sad, though... is that the worst CoD is still better than so much of the garbage out there.

Activision Ambassador

nicedrewishfela wrote:

What is sad, though... is that the worst CoD is still better than so much of the garbage out there.

truly sad that they can't play another game. either they are insane or they are terrible consumers, its hard to tell.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Terrible or Loyal, it is sad, but CoD has always been a high earner, your post say's it all. I never had a doubt this game wouldn't sell less copies than other shooters but the response towards it has

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

slyd0g55 wrote:

Terrible or Loyal, it is sad, but CoD has always been a high earner, your post say's it all. I never had a doubt this game wouldn't sell less copies than other shooters but the response towards it has

I curious mostly, whats troubling to me is that many who hate, write as if they prefer the game to be shelved. As if they have some personal problem with it, going out of their way to want the developers to stop producing COD. This reason, plus the absurdity of playing a game (they hate) is the reason I question many who write negatively towards it.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Venting their frustration? Stop producing CoD lol yea right , a major player in the gaming world could just live up to the expectations on this game , Iv'e had no problems (apart from the hacking) on all other titles , yet with this game Ghosts ,I do find myself to some extent agreeing with the haters . That said they got my $150 NzDollars at best when I sell for the next I may only get $50

Level 23

Studios