Space Map - - - need your ideas

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Space Map - - - need your ideas

In an effort to help IW move the idea of a space map forward - - - can the community please post ideas on what they think would make for interesting features for a space map ?

What dynamics would make for an interesting map ?  Movement similar to the campaign mode.

Obviously movement in true 3D; being able to walk on walls and ceilings; rotating player perspective to allow for increased playing surfaces.

Jet pack for a free float experience in the "outside" areas.

And can you imagine the map Terminal remade as a space port with a shuttle docked ???

Time to unlock your imaginations and let Activision know we liked the space portion of the campaign and would like to see a version in multiplayer.

Level 4
23 REPLIES

Re: Space Map - - - need your ideas

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

You battle in side a small dome on the moon then when a field order is activated it turns off the gravity

Level 10

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

I think a map like this would be the first time I break a controller.

Level 14

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

That sounds like it would work in Extinction- there is no possibility for killstreaks in space. Seriously- this sounds like a interesting idea for another gamemode- just not multiplayer. Have you forgotten about the killstreaks?

Level 14

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

Space Map?

Although I do not mind Extinction, I know many gave up on COD because they swore that if there were ever Aliens in the game, they would quit (not that the opinion of those who I am talking about will make or break the franchise)

The term "Jumping the Shark" comes to mind.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

I don't know if a halo map - er, I mean a space map will work.

No, seriously. How are people going to be able to dolphin dive? How are they going to be able to slide across the floor? How will they ever halo jump????

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Seemed to work just fine in the campaign mode.

And as far as kill streaks - of course minor adjustments would need to be made.

If the community thinks that a space map for multi-player is a horrendous idea; then I'm sure that IW would want those opinions as well.

If many players are content with the conventional warfare scenarios that Ghosts current campaign/multiplayer presents then IW may want to concentrate on other areas for advancement of the series.

If not present a few ideas - - - -who knows maybe in a couple of years the communities ideas may see fruition.

Level 4

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

nope . nope and nope

the physics employed in the sp cannot be taken over to mp so any idea of floating ect would be gone

premise of a map set in space nope hate it

premise of map set onboard something in space..nope hate it

in fact the premise of anything cod set in space hate it

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Desert, done it.

Urban ground level, done it,

Urban High Rise, done it.

Devastated Urban decay, overdone it.

Forrest done it.

Snow fields (like Array), done it,

Moors, done it.

Italian Villas done it; etc, etc,etc.

I mean think of all the maps we've played on:  Estate, Derail, Invasion, Rust, Terminal, Afghan, Favela, Wasteland, Karachi, Quarry, Rundown, Skid Row, Scrapyard, Sub Base, Underpass, Highrise, Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Crash, Overgrown, Carnival, Trailerpark, Fuel, Strike, Vacant, Array, Summit, Radiation, Jungle, Nuketown, Firing Range, Cracked, Havana, Crisis, Grid, Hanoi, Launch, Villa - - -

and everybody's current map of discussion Strikezone - er I mean Dome, er I mean Dome 2025.
I don't mind rehashed maps or cosmetically redesigned maps - - OCCASIONALLY;  I just don't want it to become the dominating or steering direction that this franchise takes.

Just trying to get the community thinking about where the franchise should progress to.

The final frontier is inevitable, at least in some small part, unless IW starts doing flashbacks or retrospectives.

And do we really want or need a prequel ?

Level 4

in reply to Poppa-Ghosts

Poppa-Ghosts wrote:

Desert, done it.

Urban ground level, done it,

Urban High Rise, done it.

Devastated Urban decay, overdone it.

Forrest done it.

Snow fields (like Array), done it,

Moors, done it.

Italian Villas done it; etc, etc,etc.

I mean think of all the maps we've played on:  Estate, Derail, Invasion, Rust, Terminal, Afghan, Favela, Wasteland, Karachi, Quarry, Rundown, Skid Row, Scrapyard, Sub Base, Underpass, Highrise, Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Crash, Overgrown, Carnival, Trailerpark, Fuel, Strike, Vacant, Array, Summit, Radiation, Jungle, Nuketown, Firing Range, Cracked, Havana, Crisis, Grid, Hanoi, Launch, Villa - - -

and everybody's current map of discussion Strikezone - er I mean Dome, er I mean Dome 2025.
I don't mind rehashed maps or cosmetically redesigned maps - - OCCASIONALLY;  I just don't want it to become the dominating or steering direction that this franchise takes.

Just trying to get the community thinking about where the franchise should progress to.

The final frontier is inevitable, at least in some small part, unless IW starts doing flashbacks or retrospectives.

And do we really want or need a prequel ?

the day cod goes into space proper , past a small sp section is the day i quit cod .

Level 75

Studios