Squads - Everything known so far

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: Squads - Everything known so far

in reply to IKEELU20

IKEELU20 wrote:

Will it be possible to spectate your own squad of 6 in a theater to see how they played offline? It would be extremely helpful if we could see how they played. We could make changes based off of what we saw instead of saying maybe I should take out the sniper becuase we lost. They sniper may have been very good to the squad and we never knew it.

That's a great idea! It'd be like watching film after the football game. Nice!

Level 21

in reply to IKEELU20

I don't really care about watching them, but I am curious to know if you can see the After-Action report on the matches they played in, so you can tweak their classes and weapons.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I don't really care about watching them, but I am curious to know if you can see the After-Action report on the matches they played in, so you can tweak their classes and weapons.

The AAR would be misleading. You may think in Dom ok this guy went 7-11 with 2 caps and 5 Defends but you won't know if he was helping the team at crutial moments. For example the team may be losing by 2 and your team was about to cap B but there are 2 guys trying to kill the people on B. If the sniper makes crutial moments success you may want to keep him on the team even though he had a bad game.

Level 6

in reply to IKEELU20

That's true, but if you looked at aggregate data and trends over time, you could see that a certain soldier underperformed with a certain loadout on certain maps.

Level 8

That is why in squads you get to choose which map and game mode your sqaud will defend. The attacking player does not get to chose this as far as I know. It is the defending squad that has the choice over the map and mode. So you build your squad to one map and one game mode specific for your squad will only play on that map and game mode when challenged.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

That is why in squads you get to choose which map and game mode your sqaud will defend. The attacking player does not get to chose this as far as I know. It is the defending squad that has the choice over the map and mode. So you build your squad to one map and one game mode specific for your squad will only play on that map and game mode when challenged.

I know. I just want to be sure that I can see the AARs from the matches they engage in.

Level 8

You probably will have to see the results in elite or something. May not be a replay, but maybe overview of the entire match. I would think they would add soemthing like this so players could fine tune their squads as needed. something along the lines of w/l and k/d leaderboard result for the match. should include what streaks your squad managed to get and used too. So you could custom tailor the streak pacakage for each member.

I sort of wish in creat a squad it worked like forza's create a driver where you could teach your squad and improve them by going over previsous battles and giving a up or down vote for actions taken.

ie; you get sniper rushing in to battle too much and not supporting from a long range and dieing, you could vote down and the sniper would do it less the next match.

ie; a smg users is trying to kill players from too far away vote down, but then vote up on when they were rushing/flanking more and using the smg its its respective range more as should be.

like how a squad commander would do in the real thing, giving each member critique on how they performed for the last mission to improve peformance.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

You probably will have to see the results in elite or something. May not be a replay, but maybe overview of the entire match. I would think they would add soemthing like this so players could fine tune their squads as needed. something along the lines of w/l and k/d leaderboard result for the match. should include what streaks your squad managed to get and used too. So you could custom tailor the streak pacakage for each member.

I sort of wish in creat a squad it worked like forza's create a driver where you could teach your squad and improve them by going over previsous battles and giving a up or down vote for actions taken.

ie; you get sniper rushing in to battle too much and not supporting from a long range and dieing, you could vote down and the sniper would do it less the next match.

ie; a smg users is trying to kill players from too far away vote down, but then vote up on when they were rushing/flanking more and using the smg its its respective range more as should be.

like how a squad commander would do in the real thing, giving each member critique on how they performed for the last mission to improve peformance.

I agree. That's exactly what I want.

Level 8

in reply to IKEELU20

IKEELU20 wrote:

Will it be possible to spectate your own squad of 6 in a theater to see how they played offline? It would be extremely helpful if we could see how they played. We could make changes based off of what we saw instead of saying maybe I should take out the sniper becuase we lost. They sniper may have been very good to the squad and we never knew it.

Theres no theatre option in ghosts so I think this would be very unlikely

Level 75

in reply to IKEELU20

You can definitely spec your squad. Just ignore the Choose Loadout when the match begins.
I've done it alot and its awesome.

Level 1

Studios