Suggested new game mode: KD Confirmed

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Suggested new game mode: KD Confirmed

We all try to go positive, but some matches are just unlucky. I'm sure you've experienced this before: you're at 2:2 and then get sniped 2:3. Then you run around a corner and get killed by a camper 2:4. Then you get spawn killed 2:5. Now all you're trying to do is catch up again....and you get killed by an exploding car 2:6. The point is that there are always certain matches where we fall into "KD debt": deeper and deeper into the negative when we're just trying to catch up to a 1 KD. Don't you want a game mode that "stops" you before you screw yourself over 2:15?

Introducing a new game mode called "KD Confirmed."

Here's how it works:

- The mode lasts only 10 minutes long.

- Between minutes 0-3, you need to maintain a .5 KD or the game ends just for you and you are forced to leave.

- Between minutes 3-7, you need to maintain a .7 KD or the game ends just for you and you are forced to leave.

- Between minutes 7-10, you need to maintain a positive KD (1 or greater) or you are immediately ejected from the match. The game should ends pretty quickly here (as all the players are balancing each other's KDs closer to 1) but if 10 minutes is reached, the match ends and the top 3 players are listed (similar to free for all).

What are your thoughts on this game mode?

Level 4
20 REPLIES

Re: Suggested new game mode: KD Confirmed

in reply to Electoblaze91

Get 3 kills off the start camp my ass off in a bush with Off-the-Grid and Incog.

Go grab some Doritos and hop on the forum to boast about my 100 W/L ratio.

Level 75

first lets try getting more objective modes first and i can tell this is going to be a camp fest

Level 10

in reply to PSNGamerRednigh

That's all it would be, people sitting in corners camping with no one getting kills. Although this would remove them from the other game modes though lol

Level 16

in reply to AGROtheWOMBAT

yea

Level 10

So for the players kicked in the first three minutes are they supposed to stay in the lobby for 7 minutes and just watch? By the end of each match you have to get a new lobby due to people getting Kicked and leaving due to boredomeF from sitting around for 7 minutes.  Just saying there are a lot of angles you haven't thought of .

Level 75

I think its clever and gave me a good laugh.   I just hope thats all this sales pitch was supposed to do.

Level 75

How about this:

Domination where KD is not tracked at all (not even after the match). Have 5 second spawn delay to be the main reason to stay alive as this puts your team a man down. You still earn killstreaks. You still earn xp for kills. But leaderboard only shows caps and xp earned.

Level 13

in reply to Tactics74

I don't know. Whats the objective?

Level 75

i also had a new game mode in mind a cross between demo, ctf and headquarters

so basically each team has a spot on the map that rotates like hq (could be round based or 2 at a time like ctf) and you would have to plant a bomb then the only way to detonate would be to run back the detonation device back to your spawn, then rinse and repeat but your location would change each time. first to 3 detonations or 10 min wins. if both teams had obj at one time it would require you to split the squad 3 to defend and 3 to cap. sounds good in my head dont know if it would play good though.

sorry for going off topic

Level 33

Studios