Takedown... a powerful perk being ignored... until now.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Takedown... a powerful perk being ignored... until now.

While a lot of folks continue to focus on how dots will or will not be appearing on mini-map near you, a little perk called Takedown continues to glide on he down-low.

What is Takedown (TD), you ask?

[STEALTH] Takedown -- Kill enemies without revealing their death location. (1 SQ Point)

Wow.

That is a very useful perk.

My bet is folks complain about it once they really get clued in on what they are missing. I know i'll be running it a lot.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
12 REPLIES

Re: Takedown... a powerful perk being ignored... until now.

in reply to RAN Kismet

Hardcore has never shown death locations so yeah, I'll never use it because I won't need it unless they make a change to hardcore settings. One of many perks that won't be needed in HC.

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to NoLifeKing29

I'm an HC player, too.

But when I play Core... I'm gonna pimp that perk like a G.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Very useful in S&D, but I usually play HCSmiley Frustrated&D (and now Search and Rescue!!!), so I probably won't use it much. I move around too much in core to really care if people see where I killed someone.

Either way, it's a really cool option to have, I think.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

Personally... I like how Ghosts is allowing for more stealth gameplay.

BO2 was waaaaayyyyy too chickenhead centric.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

That's a very good point. I mostly play core (Domination, Kill Confirmed, probably Blitz), so I will be running this perk a LOT. The fact that it only costs one point is a huge bonus, and I think it's a steal.

Level 9

in reply to RAN Kismet

It definitely sounds like an interesting perk, and I'll be willing to give it a try to see how much of a difference it makes. My experience has shown me though that people really don't pay attention to anything if it's not on the mini-map, so for the average user, I don't know how much of a difference it will make for most people.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

Since when did nobody pay attention to death skulls? Every time I kill an enemy the rest of the group is always behind walls, waiting for me to turn the corner, because they know I'm coming. This does sound like a really good perk and I will probably use it in most of my builds, as I generally like being sneaky. Its just my prefered playstyle.

Level 1

in reply to UndeadTofu

UndeadTofu wrote:

Since when did nobody pay attention to death skulls? Every time I kill an enemy the rest of the group is always behind walls, waiting for me to turn the corner, because they know I'm coming. This does sound like a really good perk and I will probably use it in most of my builds, as I generally like being sneaky. Its just my prefered playstyle.

Maybe you're just lucky then! For me, I've noticed I can kill multiple enemies and have even more just walk around the corner oblivious to the fact that a teammate just died there. I personally pay attention to them myself, but at least in my experience, there aren't too many people who seem to pay attention to them. Heck, half the time it's hard enough to get my team to pay attention to the UAV lol.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

yeah, I used to be one of those oblivious players that payed no attention to death skulls at all, and had a hard time getting a care package but now I can easily go on 5-8 streaks without dying. Still bad by most CoD player's standards, but I think I do pretty well. Havent gone negative since the good ol' days of mw2 (unless im trying to get stinger/javelin challenges in mw3)

Level 1

Studios