Talk the Talk? Better Walk the Walk.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Talk the Talk? Better Walk the Walk.

It never ceases to amaze me how often I run across folks in CoD Lobbies who just feel the need to constantly flap their gums, trash talk, or just try to belittle others or inflate their own egos.

It seems that Fun has been lost somewhere in the mix, and that somewhere along the line it became "Fun" to insult or infuriate others.

But every now and then an opportunity arises to shut those folks up, and when it does it feels Oh So Good.

Had a scenario this past Sunday in which I was put into a HC TDM lobby a few seconds before the match was to begin. The Map vote was for Bayview or Stonehaven. A group of 4 or 5 guys in the lobby were taunting the others, saying they "Definitely don't want to pick Bayview. Pick Stonehaven so you can see how that map is supposed to be played." As Stonehaven was the majority choice (I picked Bayview just to be contrary ), the game began loading with the clan or party that was taunting on the opposing team.

As we waited to be put into the other match, the group continued to taunt the rest of the lobby, telling us how we "were going to hate this map after the match" and to prepare for "beating".

Needless to say, the rest of us didn't take too kindly to that. As the countdown timer rolled down, our team immediately discussed strategy. It was fortunate that almost our entire team had mics and was using them. Had a nice young lady and a few really communicative guys on the team, and as we were spawning in the castle determined right away that we needed to flip the spawns. It was pretty obvious the other team had it in their mind they were going to trap us in the castle and pick us off as we tried to escape. So, we decided to turn that strategy around on them.

Match started, I strafed right along the water and got first blood with my IA-2  on someone coming through the gap in the stone wall and was immediately sniped from the burning building area. Upon respawn, saw that my team had created a path straight up the middle past Grandma's House and the White Trucks, and took it. Sure enough we quickly fought back into the match and began taking over the village, forcing the other team to spawn in Castle. Our communication was really spot on... and by the end of the match we had won by nearly 20 kills.

Didn't shut the other team up at all, saying we had gotten lucky. When Flooded came up, they again announced how badly we were going to be beaten. They played the bulk of the match trying to get to camping spots, but once again our merry band of Randoms beat them by 12-15 kills.

Immediately after that match, of course, the big mouths claimed the lobby had a "bad host", and mysteriously vanished

Playing Lone Wolf isn't always fun, in fact it can be quite frustrating at times. But every so often you get a scenario like this, where a group of complete randoms comes together to play an amazing game and put trash talkers in their place.

Just wanted to see if anyone had similar stories to share. Of players who talked big that you managed to shut up... or at least make look foolish, by simply beating them in game. How do you handle Trash Talkers? Do they inspire you to play better? Do they get under your skin? Do you just mute them and ignore it?

Looking forward to some good discussion. Please remember to refrain from Naming and Shaming, keep it civil and have fun.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
37 REPLIES

Re: Talk the Talk? Better Walk the Walk.

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I normally mute all except my party but on the odd occaision i have heard morons on the other team trash talking to members of my team before a game starts.  The funny thing is they are normally the ones that have rage quit before the game ends when they are on the wrong end of a kicking

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

I will mute folks that get on my nerves... but there have been games in which the other team angered me so much that I "Hulked Out" on them and just went off. Had a match the other day where I started just playing terrible. Like 1-9 Terrible. The way the other team was playing just annoyed the heck out of me, so I switched classes and really began turning the match around.

By the end of the game I was at the top of the scoreboard and my team had won. It's those kind of victories I savor, far more than the blow outs.

smash animated GIF

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I play a lot with some of the forum guys and a lot of us are in the same clan, some of them will banter with the other team if they start trash talking before a game but i dont bother, if i do say anything its just to give them the old Jabba laugh

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

Same here. I don't talk trash, but I will sometimes give them that laugh once we beat em

Activision Ambassador

I find that it infuriates the trash talkers even more

Level 67

I've had many games like that , that start out 1-9, 2/3-12 but by the end after I work out there game style , I ended up (honestly) being top of the table , or a massive increase of kills , 40/50 - 15 , having only died a few more times, (might have something to do with the capping of the flags, or the fact they can't hold up their "smack talk" long enough ), who knows , but sh!t usually flows down

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

Ironically, some of my most memorable games have been when I struggled. There have been some where I went positive or even  but felt like I played very well. I think there is really something to be said about turning around a bad game.

Sadly, I've also had bad games that just got worse, or good games that midway through turned bad!

Activision Ambassador

Even he has his moments , win some, struggle for some , come get some

Level 23

Do I come across trashtalkers? Nearly every other lobby. They dont bug me, but I tell them to stop trash talking unless you have the credentials for it. If you're going 5-20 or something like that, you cant trashtalk. Unless you have something to back yourself up, dont talk sh**. But its funny too, the ones who do talk the talk, usually end up rage quitting. Sometimes I message them too if they talked about me during a match, "Why talk big and rage quit?" No response every single time

Level 43

Studios