The Squad Mate doesn't need nerfed he needs fixed

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

The Squad Mate doesn't need nerfed he needs fixed

This isn't coming from someone who died and wants to pass the blame off one a error in the game. I didn't die. What I'm basing this off of was a friendly's Final Killcam in which I saw a Squad Mate switch to his shield twice then pull out a pistol and before his shield was even on his back he killed a guy on the other team. In the slow motion you can see that the animation wasn't even close what was happening. His arm was behind him reaching for, what I assume, was his pistol while the other arm was putting the shield on his back. The orange streaks which represent a bullet traveling through the air already dealt a deadly blow (it was HC KC) and the target was dead on the ground before the shield was on his back and he even had his pistol out. All this happened in a blink of the eye.

I have experienced first hand the insane quickness at which a Squad Mate goes from Riot Shield to pistol. There's not enough time between the actions to do anything but die. The shield, to pistol, back to shield animation is so quick it's hard to even notice it. This, to me, is a broken mechanic.

Level 75
22 REPLIES

Re: The Squad Mate doesn't need nerfed he needs fixed

in reply to Ghamorra

It is but the reason why some may not want it fixed is the same why those who did not like the RS/C4 combo fixed. They like how it works and abuse it for the easy kills he can get by doing that.

It clearly does need to be fixed, it should take the same time a player does for the change leaving him open to fire during the change.

Any change to how it works that is negative to how it works would be considered a nerf by many.. So yes even fixing the animation timing would be a nerf to many players.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

It's not so much the timing of the change but rather it can shoot you before it even puts the shield on its back. It's actually blocking bullets with the shield and shooting you with a pistol at the same time almost.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Which is the timing of the animation and update speed  on information on the change. it allows the change to happen to fast. the game has registered the change, but on your screen it is not shown do to game update ticks not received, he fires and kills and switches back.. the game gets the rest and just does not even show the change since the host reported back that it was already back to how it was.

Which is why it needs to slowed down to the same speed a player can, which is not nearly as fast.

Level 70

I don't think "abuse" is the proper term. People use the SM because he can be effective, though he also can be useless and even detrimental.

Level 12

in reply to Slopat

Like when he stands in the middle of an open area and shoots at helicopters with his pistol...

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

It always looks bad in the killcam, but when you are actually facing him, you can see him switch before you die.  He is kind of a wrecking ball in HC modes though.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Actually no you cant always see the switch, I have watched mine kill players before and they die before he even moves the shield at all. He switches from shield to pistol in a instant, fires and back again faster than any player can ever.

Level 70

It's not the killcam delay where you're saying, "I shot him and killcam didn't show me shooting". It's more like a, "his Riot Shield  was still out and yet he was shooting me?"

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I don't meant by kill cams, I mean by what I see on the screen when it happens. I have seen mine kill players in hc in split second and never move the shield at all while I watched them do it. it went straight to pistol, no animation change, fire, straight to shield, no animation change other player dead faster than any weapon in the game can kill when used by a player.

Level 70

Studios