The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

in reply to BuffaloSPG

Well said dude...some people never camp...and those players will improve...those who camp will always camp and will do regardless of how many cod's or other MP games they play...

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to BuffaloSPG

Don't assume that all players start off camping.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that when you first started playing the game you ran straight into the enemy spawn because you knew exactly what to do. In any case if my post was intended for you and that very few amount of people who knew how to play the game before playing then apologies. Your a runner, congrats.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I agree with you L, just one thing, most people starting this game don't camp immediately, unless they have previous experience and camping is just what they do.

I find most beginners think it is just like campaign and run and gun, get the crap blown out of them, then sit back and re-evaluate, they then find that sitting back can work, progress into being a camper as this is what actually first got them kills. Just my thought on it. I think this is how I started. I came in 3/4 through COD4 and thought I would be good(just from how good I thought I was in campaign). I found out very fast that I was shite at the game. Starting sitting back and then the kills started mounting. I got called camper.. noob a lot and they were right on both accounts. It's only that these two words have become very dirty in the world of COD. To me it's just another playing choice.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

This makes sense. In campaign, camping will get you nowhere. You generally NEED to need to keep pushing forward in order to continue on to the next mission.

As for me, I only really camp as a reaction to getting my butt handed to me. I don't really do it often, or as an initial strategy, but may switch to camping on a match-by-match basis, and only when I'm doing REALLY poorly rushing.

If I find I am getting killed repeatedly, I see little point in continuing with a tactic that is inneffective and, ultimately, helps the other team by feeding them easy kills.

When this happens, I will usually try to slow things down, hang back, and camp an area, forcing the enemy to come to me on my terms, and maybe switch to my AA class to shoot down the UAVs and whatnot that I just provided to the enemy with all of my deaths.

In effect, when I do camp, I am actually doing so to HELP my team, since I am no longer providing the other team with easy kills, which in turn will lead to them calling in Scorestreaks on us.

Level 15

Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)

in reply to Izjar11

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that when you first started playing the game you ran straight into the enemy spawn because you knew exactly what to do. In any case if my post was intended for you and that very few amount of people who knew how to play the game before playing then apologies. Your a runner, congrats.

Iz that is not what he is saying.

I like Buffalo also did not start every game "camping".

Just because you don't camp at the start of every COD game doesn't mean you are an instant expert and know the spawns, it mean you want to hmm IDK, run n gun !

I would rush around and explore the map as quick as I could and kill (or try to kill) as many people as I could in the shortest amount of time. Doesn't mean they know the game before they have played it (as you said sarcastically) just that they aren't an insta-camper who is afraid to die and have a lower starting KD.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Rexens_View wrote:

Iz that is not what he is saying.

I like Buffalo also did not start every game "camping".

Just because you don't camp at the start of every COD game doesn't mean you are an instant expert and know the spawns, it mean you want to hmm IDK, run n gun !

I would rush around and explore the map as quick as I could and kill (or try to kill) as many people as I could in the shortest amount of time. Doesn't mean they know the game before they have played it (as you said sarcastically) just that they aren't an insta-camper who is afraid to die and have a lower starting KD.

First thanks for responding.

I will give you the exact same response I gave the other person, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that a total new player, was "running" about causing your team to lose "exploring".

Perhaps your confusing when I mean, when someone first starts of playing. This means, your first (never before played) COD experience. If you have the audacity to claim you were "running" and getting kills as quickly as possible, I would question that highly. But maybe you did, so I will give you that.

cheers.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11
Perhaps your confusing when I mean, when someone first starts of playing. This means, your first (never before played) COD experience.

Yes perhaps you should have clarified that in your OP.

I will give you the exact same response I gave the other person, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that a total new player, was "running" about causing your team to lose "exploring".

This is an interesting statement.

By exploring the map someone is causing their team to lose, how exactly do you justify that ?

In order to learn the map one must explore it... You cannot successfully learn a map by sitting in a corner ADSing.

Map knowledge is one of the pivotal aspects of being a successful and skillful multiplayer gamer... You should know this Iz.

No doubt needed, I think you will find alot of people playing a new game of any kind/genre launch into it with the mindset of "I learn by doing" and rushing headfirst into things.

If you have the audacity to claim you were "running" and getting kills as quickly as possible, I would question that highly.

Can you please clarify this confusing statement, it sounds like you are insinuating misconceptions and false statements from others in order to attempt to shift focus away from your original post's lack of merit and validity.

I quote what I said "I would rush around and explore the map as quick as I could and kill (or try to kill) as many people as I could in the shortest amount of time."

How can you highly question something that is the objective of the game ? Generally the point of any fast paced FPS is to get as many kills as possible in the shortest amount of time.

If you go into COD with a mindset of I am going to try to get as little kills as possible in the longest timeframe possible then IMO you are an idiot and have no place in fast FPS games.

I don't know how you can rush and not aim to get as many kills as quickly as possible....

Level 38

in reply to BuffaloSPG

BuffaloSPG wrote:

Don't assume that all players start off camping.  I started playing FPS's with DOOM and started playing COD at Black Ops 1.  I can honestly say that I've NEVER been a camper.  BO1 was the first game FPS I ever played online with other people, and I was running straight into the open, right trigger down from day one.  My KD started out below .60, but I was possitive within 3 days of game time and have never looked back.

Why?  Because this isn't ******* Afghanistan we're talking about.  This isn't war.  This is a video game.  It's meant to be played for fun.  And camping aint no fun.  Just like you can't imagine people starting off as run and gunners, I can't imagine anobdy sitting around waiting on enemies to appear and finding it fun.

This isn't Afghanistan...Really? A "Camper" is normally found on TDM or KC. The reason I say this is because the other game modes that actually have objectives (CTF, DOM, etc...) they require Defenders. I have a lot of respect for a player or team that can defend their flags against me or my team. I have no respect for players who join game modes only to farm kills and not assist with the game objective...

To your point though about how this isn't war etc... camping ain't no fun... The Camper paid for his or her game as well. They might find enjoyment in the rage that they produce from the tards running around aimlessly trying to get a kill...I've played against some pretty good "Campers" , in previous COD titles, pretty good meaning they had more kills than deaths and were able to control the map and pace of the game. BO2 does not have really good "Campers" like previous titles. So when I read comments about how much the game is full of "Campers" I have to laugh because they haven't seen SH*T!!

I've played and max prestiged every COD title since Modern Warfare, and BO2 by far has the largest population of whiney babies. I play HC CTF and have over 1700 Flag Captures with a 1.29 KD. I like running versus defending but that's my preference. I could not capture any of those flags had it not been for the folks Defending our Flag.

Is this game the worst when it comes to connection...Yes, I would lean that way. Is this game conducive to camping versus previous titles... NO F***ING WAY!!! MW3...that was a camper paradise compared to BO2. 

Level 12

Re: The case against the word "camper" part III.

in reply to BuffaloSPG

It is your feelings that camping is not fun. but that does not make it fact or true for everyone else. Camping can be extremely fun when done in such a manner that the other team rages and quits because they cannot beat you since they foolishly run at you the same way every time. Not everyone thinks rushing/run-n-gun is fun; nor will they ever. So to say it is not fun is your personal view and not the truth for everyone else.

Level 70

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy".

Lol true dat. I was a habitual 'Dark Corner Mcdougal' when I first started playing COD but then as I got better at aiming and became more confident in my skills I could start running around the map more. I don't get too butthurt over campers, after all it's just a video game.

Level 23

Studios