The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

in reply to HoodWedo

HoodWedo wrote:

Yes

Care to elaborate on your "yes"

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I can understand the complaining about campers in TD, FFA, KC etc. but if you are upset about it in objective based game modes, you are SOL... Yes camping really is that easy, even though Ghost is broken now, UAV is up more times than not and SMGs are "user friendly" to say the least.

Level 3

in reply to HoodWedo

SOL = So out of luck I presume.

And ghost is not "broken" its actually a result of endless complaints about "camping" but not broken.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I play hardcore. I play hardcore because people actually die when you shoot them, there isnt constant radar so you know where everyone is and and to me its generally more challenging. But on this game it has turned into every other game mode. I didnt see 10% of the UAV I see now in the previous games because Ghost made you a GHOST if thats what you wanted, wether you were running or sitting still. Whats the fun in knowing (without having to actually use your head) where the majority of the enemy is, it takes away from the part of the game that actually required people to think, which is probly why people QQ so much about campers.

Level 3

in reply to Izjar11

To answer the question: One would have to define "camping"

If one defined camping as sitting an an area too long, then the answer is no. But that definition is way too vague.

1 - sitting in a corner waiting for someone to rush by: easy, but not very effective

2 - sitting adsing out a window or at a window: easy, but not very effective

3 - setting yourself up with your flanks covered and shooting at people: Harder, and can be very effective if you are always watching your flank, and relocating.

When you see someone playing like 1 or 2, if you kill them people typically think "what the hell are they doing!?"; if they kill you one typically thinks "damn camper, I am going to go back and mess him up!"...

The problem: they are not a 1 or 2, but they are a 3:  They kill you. One goes back for the revenge kill but they are no longer there: They are somewhere else with their old position staked out.  They kill you again. You get frustrated and make a charge back for them (dying a couple of times on the way because you are too focused)... when you finally get there they are not where you think they are and they kill you again.

People generally hate the 3rd camper style of play, which is the most effective style in the game (like it or not): you are not so hindered by lag, you have the enemy coming to you, etc... To do well, you cannot play foolishly and it is not "easy"...  You outsmart your oponant and they hate you for it.

9/10 times I see higher streaks called in... they are being called in by people I have barely seen the whole match.  Not saying you cannot achieve higer streaks by running the map... you can do this but it is too lag dependant no matter your skill level.

Activision Ambassador

I avoided "defining camping" because only writing about it can we define it. But in the game, there is no definition, its either you were "running" or you were "camping" that's how people see it in the game. Even then many will confuse one thing for the other.

of our training"
Level 75

Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)

Good response Ribl.

I agree, the 3rd style of camper you describe is the most effective and hardest to uproot & kill.

1 & 2 are noob campers while the 3rd (how I camp when I choose) is very, very hard to get to.

Chuck in a few more campers of such on their team (normally in a party)and oh boy, lookout !

A good camper will always be changing locations lightly to cover numerous points so as to not be flanked (while running IED's or some-such to help)

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

It all depends on who you are playing IMO. If you can get away with ADS on a doorway the whole game, good for you (this is the cheapest form of camping IMO) but the strategic campers are the one's that grind people's gears because players will get killed by them once and think, "I have this guy figured out" and they will try another approach only to find that they have moved and countered there counter attack. That's strategy my friend. A good camper is ALWAYS anticipating the enemy's move, none stop. This is why the SC's (Strategic campers) are MUCH harder to kill and cause lots of rage! Just my two cents....

Level 48

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

Ok COD im getting interesting answers to my questions and thank you all for remaining positive and avoiding the hate. I have another question and its based of someone else's response:

Is Camping really that easy?

Your OP answears this very question you say

Izjar11 wrote:

Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy".

If camping is something everyone can do with no idea of how the game works and do ok while doing it then thats pretty much a textbook definition of easy to do. Some realise it's a game which provides infinite lives and chose the arcade COD over something like full spectrum warrior so learn how to play all styles from the PCP juiced runner to the sloth defensive style which requires pressing R1 once every 30 seconds and every style inbetween.

The issues that come up are more the application of styles at certin times/modes rather than an overall technique no-one is going to complain about the dude setup in defense of an objective but will complain about a dude who's sole objective is protecting their own life to the detriment of the team especially considering the game provides modes where KD is the objective.

Level 21

in reply to monkeylord1

oh so skill in cod is only based on reaction speed,,i am a camper love camping,,love you rushers which i now call my ANTI FAN CLUB keep coming back for me..i dont like quickscopers do i want them out of cod no because it would be boring if we all played the same.

Level 9

Studios