The maps not being in the regular rotation has become a bad joke

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: The maps not being in the regular rotation has become a bad joke

in reply to RAN Kismet

After what happened in BO2 with the reskins, this time I decided not to buy the pass. I did though foolishly preorder the game, something I will not be doing with any game anymore no matter what sort of bonus's are promised, since i know none of them are exclusive anymore. I will just save my money and wait.

As you said there is nothing you can do about it and since you have the pass you cannot even abstain from not buying future maps. But for players like me that have not.. I can and will. Not buying anymore dlc for the game.

In truth this is my last CoD, going back to Bungie after Destiny comes out. Always did prefer Bungie's games. Just too bad it is still an Activision backed company.

Level 70

in reply to RAN Kismet

I'm done with buying dlc as well (for full price anyway).  You buy them, then can't play them.  Just put them in the playlist.  Put one up to be voted on every match, and an old one.  People that don't have the DLC will get dropped if a new map is voted on.  Eventually your entire lobby will be made up of DLC owners playing new maps in their favorite game mode.

Level 29

in reply to RAN Kismet

The most logical explanation I can think of is it will fracture the player base. IW have the numbers and maybe the numbers are just not there to support an optimal matchmaking. I have a feeling that the number of DLC/Season pass buyers are low and putting the new maps in regular rotation will affect matchmaking in a negative way.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

The most logical explanation I can think of is it will fracture the player base. IW have the numbers and maybe the numbers are just not there to support an optimal matchmaking. I have a feeling that the number of DLC/Season pass buyers are low and putting the new maps in regular rotation will affect matchmaking in a negative way.

I got a response on a previous thread that really said nothing... it was like a politician had joined the forums.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/415092319#415092319

It may be because of fracturing the playlists... but I would really like to know why beyond conjecture.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

Not going to get that answer any time soon. For they have probably been told not to answer it definitively for the further backlash such an answer may cause.

Level 70

in reply to RAN Kismet

I requested that I wanted to cancel my season pass and that I wanted a refund to Sony Europe, They came back with 'I can see from your e-mail that you'd like a refund for your recent purchase of Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass from the PlayStation Store. Regrettably, as stated in the PlayStation Network Terms of Service, we are unable to offer a refund for purchases made on PlayStation Store unless the content is found to be defective'

Therefore COD Ghosts Seasons Pass is not fit for purpose so I should get a refund, I replied

Level 1

in reply to BeefnChips1

Unfortunately, that could be considered an opinion.

"Not working as intended" is not the same as "Not working as desired".

*sigh*

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RAN Kismet

I have to agree to an extent, but as soon as you put the new maps in the regular rotation matchmaking begins to become problematic because not everyone has the dlc and of everyone that does have it not all of them have the Season Pass. As they add more map packs to the equation it would split the players into 2, 3, 4 groups which would make it more likely that you would play against people from halfway around the world creating other problems (especially since there are minimal players on next gen consoles compared to online player counts of previous COD titles). If they keep the map packs separate from the regular rotation the matchmaking won't slow down and should stay relatively local MOST of the time.

If they do keep the map packs separate, I hope they at least combine all the new maps into one playlist outside of the main playlist as they release more map packs.

Level 2

in reply to avengealist

If this is truly the reason for them not releasing them, Then maybe IW should do right by their fans. Release the onslaught crap pack for half price to those who haven't bought it yet.

I bought the season pass as well, but don't enjoy playing the mosh pit version.

Level 9

in reply to ErUPtiON

Not going to happen for they dont have full control over the price of the release, MS does on xbox. the price is set based upon content amount and dlc size per game. Which is why the micro dlc is cheap like most avatar items are.

Level 70

Studios