The motivation of ranking up is somewhat diminished in ghosts.

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: The motivation of ranking up is somewhat diminished in ghosts.

in reply to Scotland-Rules

On one hand I agree, but on the other I accept that the developers are making a game that caters to the casual player as much as the 'addict'. If you look back over each CoD nearly all the 'best' weapons are unlocked early on. I wish it was different, no rank limit, but have guns unlock as you progress, and perhaps even something like experience (kills with a gun) reducing sway or recoil. Unlikely to happen though, because it would put casuals off from buying the game.

Level 38

I understand the point, but I think it would be better in ghosts if squad points were harder to get, they come all too easy now. When I was on final prestige I unlocked everything and still have 500 points left! If you only had a few points when you pretige you then have to choose which of your favourite weapon, perk, killstreak you want above all others.

Don't forget in MW3 you had the option to permanently unlock an item when you predtiged. I remember I had the ACR, MP7, assassin and dead silence on permanent unlock.

Level 7

in reply to xX--MattySW--Xx

I do accept in MW3 and Black Ops 2 you could permanatly unlock items (black ops 2 once every prestige) (MW3 you used prestige tokens, however you could have some from previous CoDs)

So I understand your point of view. However it isn't nearly the same as squad points.

Activision Ambassador

Using only one class stinks. Leveling up allows you to get more available. Right now I dumped 500 points for a d00d right after I prestiged, and I'm hurting pretty badly. It's fine for me. I don't like having to wait just to use that bloody rocket

Level 61

You're probably right re squad points, I suppose they are awarded all too easily, maybe they should have made the cost of you next soldier more expensive?

Level 7

Totally agree scotland.

Not only that, but level requirements change the dynamics of the game.  Say you don't unlock incog until lv 55.  That's a lot of people that don't have incog running around.  The flip side is the thermal is one of the last attachments to unlock on a weapon in previous titles, meaning you have to use the gun for 1000 kills or so before you get a thermal scope.

I miss the excitement of leveling up as well, working toward earning the next piece of equipment or perk. 

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

I agree, its kind of boring when everyone has access to every weapon, perk, equipment etc from the word go.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

bump

Activision Ambassador

Studios