Thermobaric

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Thermobaric

Ok sorry if this was discussed before, but how does a 'tactical' grenade kill you when you have full health?

Level 17
18 REPLIES

Re: Thermobaric

in reply to Albysky

When it's a neat idea porrly executed.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Albysky

Yea in hc its like having 2 lethals, i see alot of ied thermos.

Level 33

in reply to Albysky

Because it does heat damage to damage your armor and the amount it does is above what hc life is set at. In core it wont kill you unless allready damaged, but will hurt you enough that 1-2 rounds less is needed to kill someone.

It is basically the anti BV for hc if you dont want to use AP rounds on your weapon.

Level 70

in reply to Albysky

To be fair the reason its unlikely to be patched is because it would be like reducing the Grande  Launcher so that it has the same effects as core.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Albysky

this was in core, and it did kill me at full health, so .....?

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

You might have taken some simultaneous bullet damage.  And it could have pinging you in the head before it went off.  Both of which do damage but I'd think that you would still need some other damage to die from it.  I know that from time to time I've thought that the lethal got me when the kill cam showed me actually getting shot even though I didn't feel it in game.

Level 69

in reply to Albysky

I've been killed at full health by thermobarics in core, too, and I was definitely not being shot at, nor hit by it directly.  Direct hits in this game don't do as much damage as they did in BO2.  I used to kill injured enemies all the time with a well thrown flashbang- I think they did 10-15 damage, but in this game I believe it is 1.  Either way, it isn't enough for the the thermobaric's low damage to finish someone off.

Level 15

in reply to Albysky

Read my thoughts.

I don't understand how a TACTICAL... let me repeat that... TACTICAL grenade is the most lethal grenade in the game.

I can only speak for HC, but if one lands anywhere remotely close to me, I die. Yet I  have landed Frags just as close to enemies and gotten hit markers, or no results at all. The stickies, while good, have a tiny blast radius,

Yet the Thermobaric Grenades kill me instantly, no matter how far away from them I get.

What makes it worse, the Extra Tactical Perk (+1) is HALF the cost of the Extra Lethal Perk (+2). Anyone who has ever created a class on this game can tell you that one point can make a HUGE difference.

I shake my head every time I get killed by one of these.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

What makes it worse, the Extra Tactical Perk (+1) is HALF the cost of the Extra Lethal Perk (+2). Anyone who has ever created a class on this game can tell you that one point can make a HUGE difference.

I shake my head every time I get killed by one of these.

Figured this one out two weeks ago in clan wars, why carry a grenade when in HC two of these things do more damage ............ shhhhhhhhhhhh ive been quiet about it

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios