They finally got it right: Map Design

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

They finally got it right: Map Design

I feel like I've been shouting this since MW3, Map Design has been a big element in CoD for a number of obvious reasons as it dictates the flow and pace of the game as well opening up diversity and class options. In MW3 arguably there maybe only a small handful of maps where you could snipe but in all honesty sniping was just bad in general because of map design....even big maps were cluttered. As we moved into Black Ops 2...same thing maps were too cluttered and the sight lines were pretty gosh darn minuscule.

In call of duty Ghosts maps design in my eyes is perfect. I've been enjoying sniping and long rage gun fights and I honestly love how you have a general balance of big, medium and small. Maps like Strikezone and Octane are small whereas maps like tremor. prison break, freight tend to be medium while you have big maps like siege and whiteout and stonehaven. (I know I haven't mentioned a lot of the maps but it gives you a picture).

I have used a vairety of classes and will confess that the balance seems perfect...I can run and gun or camp or play more tactful. It took a long time but honestly the balance is here.

Overall map design equality is back and I'm happy about this.

Activision Ambassador
9 REPLIES

Re: They finally got it right: Map Design

in reply to Scotland-Rules

As you probably know, I love these maps. There could be a few tweaks to better help with map control, but I think overall the maps are the best since Black Ops

Level 75

some of the maps are far to big just take chasm for example i had played nearly 3 minutes in k/c before i saw someone which is stupid

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

banned-again wrote:

some of the maps are far to big just take chasm for example i had played nearly 3 minutes in k/c before i saw someone which is stupid

That doesn't flow down to map design, that flows down to players overall. I've played matches on Chasm that have lasted 5 minutes and I've played matches that have went the entire 10 minutes.

Its really all down to the player and not the map.

Activision Ambassador

so its my fault that i ran the map twice and didnt find anyone for nearly 3 minutes lol

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

The only map that's too big is Siege. I think this game would be great if they up the player limit to 8 or 9.

Level 75

in reply to banned-again

banned-again wrote:

so its my fault that i ran the map twice and didnt find anyone for nearly 3 minutes lol

No, read my post again.

If the enemy aren't doing much and mainly camping (I don't like using that word as camping isn't a crime in my eyes) then of course you could run three minutes and not find anyone to kill. However in my eyes those are rare moments....maybe you're just unlucky.

Activision Ambassador

They got the maps rights I love them but the spawns don't match the maps lol they match MW3 maps so the spawns need to be redesigned and the game should play a little smoother.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

The spawns do need some fine tuning.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Adam1234567893

I would like to see parts of the map designed for spawning people; indoor spawns that aren't huge open offices like in Stormfront but in rooms like you'd find in Octane and or Warhawk, areas with great vantage points out that support the person spawning rather than long lines of sight into the spawn, and make dozens of spawn locations not just two or three areas.

Level 75

Studios