Trash talk

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: Trash talk

in reply to Rngr11

No it is not the responsibility of the game developers to add such a feature so you can be lazy and not have to do it yourself.

xbox hit back, go the name, hit x to mute during game; hit again to unmute. or go their profile and mute them. or change privacy settings to only friends and then everyone is muted all the time but friends.

if you dont know how to profile mute or changes settings go search the xbox forums. not hard to find out how.

Level 70

in reply to Rngr11

Crysis 3's mute all feature worked this way. You would set it and every person, in every match would be muted when not in your party.

I liked it.

But I also like giving a guy a chance to not be a douche... before I go off on them and then mute them.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to Rngr11

wasn't told how to.  Thank you

Level 3

in reply to Rngr11

not sure you got you r answer:

In game, bring up the scoreboard, use the control pad to select a player and hit (X?) to mute them 1 by 1.

an in game mute/unmute all would be nice.  The reverse happens sometimes: I mute all accept party in the lobby, someone leaves and the parties get switched up. part way through the match I realize that someone on my team is muted (my own fault, but sill would be nice)

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Rngr11

If you play on the 360 then go to your privacy settings and just set communications to friends only. I did it years ago. Saves having to mute people every time you're in a different lobby or a different game.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Yep, never hear a random again. Only people you ever hear are friends at that point.

Level 70

in reply to biron_w

That is a nice feature, though I wish there was a way when doing that to allow you to unmute certain people for that session.  Such as if one of your friends brings in a friend but you don't want to add them as a friend but would still like to be able to talk to them.  Or maybe if they are in your party then you can automatically hear them unless you specifically mute them.  I purposefully don't have that feature turned on because it is very excluding to people I do want to chat with.

The first thing I do when I log in is create an Xbox Live Party.  The Party is equivelent to "Mute All except those in party" which is more of what I prefer. Then I only have to mute the annoying people in my party (which is typically not very many).

Level 33

in reply to Rngr11

Doesnt the party chat channel (found in one of the settings on the 360 console) automatically mute anyone that isnt in your chat room?

I know its not allowed on SnD but every other mode it is allowed.

And the party chat feature is coming to both next gen consoles so it will probably work the same way on them.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

My response (directly above this) mentioned that exact feature.  It is my preferred way to play games.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Sorry i didnt even see your post

Level 5

Studios